Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part V] From Optimism To Bipolarism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rumour is after signing assistant coach, Avs might select Andrighetto with a late round pick.

With a 6th or 7th is worth risking because this kid is an overager, small, and just has a ton of freakin skill.

Tourigny is his coach in junior correct? They'll draft him in the 3rd round and this board will go crazy. Looking forward to it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Rumour is after signing assistant coach, Avs might select Andrighetto with a late round pick.

With a 6th or 7th is worth risking because this kid is an overager, small, and just has a ton of freakin skill.

I'd be for that, I'd even spend a fourth rd pick on him if he was available. Age doesn't matter some people just mature later than others. He is a player that has tons of skill, a little under-sized but could easily step in for Lake Erie next year and play top 2 line minutes.

Same goes for JC Lipon, if he is hanging around 4th/5th rd I'd say you have to take a look at him to. Honestly the later in the draft I personally like picking over-agers because often times it seems like they get over-looked but have tons of skill and just need a shot at maybe the AHL level to see what they've got.

Obviously the Avs have no problem looking at these guys as last year we took Heard in the 2nd rd and Smith in the 7th. I fully expect to see one of Lipon or Andrighetto as an Avs pick this year or possibly both.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
1. Jones
2. Petan
3. Subban
4. Lipon

The way I see it we have playmakers in Hish, Sgar and Elliot. After our 1st I see us drafting bigger players, be it upfront or on D. 5th pick and up, we take shots on small skill. Basing this off of Foote's interview.

If Jones goes back for some seasoning is the USCHO an option or is it back to the Winterhawks?

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
The way I see it we have playmakers in Hish, Sgar and Elliot. After our 1st I see us drafting bigger players, be it upfront or on D. 5th pick and up, we take shots on small skill. Basing this off of Foote's interview.

If Jones goes back for some seasoning is the USCHO an option or is it back to the Winterhawks?

hishon may never crack our nhl lineup, sgarbossa is great but if we keep 3 c's and only want actual wingers we are probably including sgarbossa in a trade package for an upgrade. I do agree we could use some size, but skill is skill. Petan from what I've seen is deadlier offensively than hishon.

I'd love a lucic type player on the avs tho.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

If we draft Jones he's in the lineup from the get go guaranteed.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Tourigny is his coach in junior correct? They'll draft him in the 3rd round and this board will go crazy. Looking forward to it.

Yes!!! Stats GP115 - G67 - A105 = P172
5'10 - 181 lbs

I'd be for that, I'd even spend a fourth rd pick on him if he was available. Age doesn't matter some people just mature later than others. He is a player that has tons of skill, a little under-sized but could easily step in for Lake Erie next year and play top 2 line minutes.

Before the season ended he signed a deal with Genève-Servette, so I understand he can't control where he gets draft, but I think he can dictate who drafts him based on using his signing as a leverage. Just happens we got his head coach as assistant and I am very sure he would love to play for him. That is why I think a 6th or 7th would work.

Christian Litscher

May 24, 2010
I want Jones but the thought of taking MacKinnon is enticing. Rolling with Duchene-Mackinnon-Stastny down the middle and trading RoR for a guy like Fowler would make this team hard to beat. I'm starting to see an argument for MacKinnon if they are viewed as equals. Besides Pittsburgh who would be able to match Duchene/Mackinnon?

This team would be amongst the top of the NHL in a few years.

Landeskog-Duchene-PaP
Hishon/Sgarbossa-MacKinnon-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones

Fowler(RoR trade)-EJ
Siemens-Elliott
Wilson-Barrie

Varly

I still say take Jones and if they feel he has Scott Niedermayer/Brian Leetch/Zdeno Chara level potential then you have to take him. You just have to be SURE. But no matter who they take we have a bright future. Can't wait for next year.

Last edited:

ScotAv

Jul 28, 2011
Glasgow
I was firmly on the Jones train for the majority of time since we fell to the bottom of the draft. Was elated when we got the lottery result.

Now, I'm really not sure. I can 100% see the argument for MacKinnon, especially with the fact there's so much uncertainty around RoR and Stastny.

Either way, I'll be thrilled. If Elliot and Barrie can make the jump properly this season and Wilson stays healthy then our back end will be improved enough, less Zanon etc, that I think we'll see solid improvement. Don't think we're a playoff team till you move one of Stastny or RoR for some D. If RoR can mend his bridges and accept a contract more akin to his level of production, i.e. lower than that he's on now, then I'd trade Stastny and accept his return may be lower than that of RoR.

Maybe some mug will take Davie Jones with Stastny too..

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
I want Jones but the thought of taking MacKinnon is enticing. Rolling with Duchene-Mackinnon-Stastny down the middle and trading RoR for a guy like Fowler would make this team hard to beat. I'm starting to see an argument for MacKinnon if they are viewed as equals. Besides Pittsburgh who would be able to match Duchene/Mackinnon?

This team would be amongst the top of the NHL in a few years.

Landeskog-Duchene-PaP
Hishon/Sgarbossa-MacKinnon-Downie
McGinn-Stastny-Jones

Fowler(RoR trade)-EJ
Siemens-Elliott
Wilson-Barrie

Varly

I still say take Jones and if they feel he has Scott Niedermayer/Brian Leetch/Zdeno Chara level potential then you have to take him. You just have to be SURE. But no matter who they take we have a bright future. Can't wait for next year.

Why do the Avs want Fowler? Lets not get carried away with collecting all the offensive Ds we can find. Plus Hejda is still a good D for another few years.

Something to think about...every single one of the Avs remaining Ds in the system are LEFT handed. Siemens, Lauridsen, Beaupre, Young, and even Donnelly and Stollery. The large majority of Ds that fall around the Avs second rounder are LEFT handed. The Avs are stocked down the Left side and will probably be even more after this draft if they take any Ds with their second rounder and on.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I was firmly on the Jones train for the majority of time since we fell to the bottom of the draft. Was elated when we got the lottery result.

Now, I'm really not sure. I can 100% see the argument for MacKinnon, especially with the fact there's so much uncertainty around RoR and Stastny.

Either way, I'll be thrilled. If Elliot and Barrie can make the jump properly this season and Wilson stays healthy then our back end will be improved enough, less Zanon etc, that I think we'll see solid improvement. Don't think we're a playoff team till you move one of Stastny or RoR for some D. If RoR can mend his bridges and accept a contract more akin to his level of production, i.e. lower than that he's on now, then I'd trade Stastny and accept his return may be lower than that of RoR.

Maybe some mug will take Davie Jones with Stastny too..

I'm right there with you. After we won the lottery I was 100% on board to take jones but the longer this thing drags out, e more I'm shifting to mackinnon. I feel like both have about the same ceiling, I just tend to think mackinnon has a better shot of reaching his full potential.

I won't be upset either way. No matter who we draft well get an amazing prospect but well miss out on one as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Why do the Avs want Fowler? Lets not get carried away with collecting all the offensive Ds we can find. Plus Hejda is still a good D for another few years.

Something to think about...every single one of the Avs remaining Ds in the system are LEFT handed. Siemens, Lauridsen, Beaupre, Young, and even Donnelly and Stollery. The large majority of Ds that fall around the Avs second rounder are LEFT handed. The Avs are stocked down the Left side and will probably be even more after this draft if they take any Ds with their second rounder and on.

Only Siemens is likely to become a NHL player out of that list. There might be one more that comes in as a bottom pairing guy at some point (my money is on Beaupre for that).

As for Andrighetto, he would be a great pick in the later rounds. He could provide some good depth in the AHL next year (or in a couple years if he wants to play for Geneva-Servette for a couple years). I'm not sold on his upside being that high, but he could possibly round out to a 2nd line wing in time I think.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
All three of Jones/Drouin/MacKinnon have signed endorsement deals with CCM.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Hey RS,

Any news on which prospects have met with the Avalanche for interviews?

No, haven't heard anything specific, but I would have to imagine the Avs will meet with all of the big 3 both here and at the draft.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
No, haven't heard anything specific, but I would have to imagine the Avs will meet with all of the big 3 both here and at the draft.

Do draftees that are typically this highly rated (lottery pick) usually have interviews with possible teams at home as well?

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
I was listening to some hockey talk show yesterday on Calgary radio, and the radio host (pat steinberg I think) said one of his sources told him Jones to Colorado is a done deal, He's their guy.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I was listening to some hockey talk show yesterday on Calgary radio, and the radio host (pat steinberg I think) said one of his sources told him Jones to Colorado is a done deal, He's their guy.

Well, I'd love for that to be true...

But I guess until I see Jones pulling that Avs Jersey over his head for the first time, I'm gonna hold off on getting that Jones Blue Alternate.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well, I'd love for that to be true...

But I guess until I see Jones pulling that Avs Jersey over his head for the first time, I'm gonna hold off on getting that Jones Blue Alternate.

Just get a Jones jersey with the number 54 on it, safe either way :sarcasm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just get a Jones jersey with the number 54 on it, safe either way :sarcasm:

1350317098_banhammer_forecast.gif

:sarcasm: Just kidding henchman ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events