Value of: The 15th overall pick.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I don't like the idea of trading #15 for a player like Larsson or Savard who only have 1 year left until UFA... I'd rather just sign them next summer without having to give up an asset

Plus, Edmonton and Columbus are both looking to contend, so I'm not sure it makes sense for them to weaken their defense

For those reasons, I think Josh Manson is the guy to target...

Kerfoot, Johnsson, #15 for Manson & Backes... with Backes being put on LTIR, or buried in the minors... whatever it takes to get his salary off the books for next season

Reactions: qqaz

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I don't like the idea of trading #15 for a player like Larsson or Savard who only have 1 year left until UFA... I'd rather just sign them next summer without having to give up an asset

Plus, Edmonton and Columbus are both looking to contend, so I'm not sure it makes sense for them to weaken their defense

Kerfoot, Johnsson, #15 for Manson & Backes... with Backes being put on LTIR, or buried in the minors... whatever it takes to get his salary off the books for next season

The Leafs do not have cap space take on both Manson and Backes.

Kerfoot would also need to stay since the Leafs depth at C after Tavares and Matthews is non-existent.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
They need a defenseman that keeps Ceci or Hole out of their top pair. After that, I'm not sure how choosy they should be.
They don’t even have Ceci anymore. The fact they couldn’t find someone more capable than him is a little concerning given even he isn’t under contract.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
The Leafs do not have cap space take on both Manson and Backes.

Kerfoot would also need to stay since the Leafs depth at C after Tavares and Matthews is non-existent.

I said that Backes would be put on LTIR or buried in the minors, so the Leafs would just be taking on Manson's salary

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs need a defensive defenceman. Not another puck mover like Dumba.

Think Larsson, Manson, Savard, etc...

ThenLeafs need an actual might side of their defense.

Dumba would be better than ANYTHING they currently have on the right because they don't have shit on the right

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I said that Backes would be put on LTIR or buried in the minors, so the Leafs would just be taking on Manson's salary

I do not know how the numbers would work in LTIR situation or buyout. What is the cap implication in those scenarios?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Older top four D (30 or older) who can help now, but from a rebuilding team. The issue is what cap does this D man come with?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't think Larsson or Savard get the 15th pick, they don't have the term.

If Dougie Hamilton was on the block he would get that and more even with his term but he is a much MUCH better player

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Can they bury him in the minors though. I think only 9 hundred thousand would come off his cap hit.

It is actually a little bit more than that, about 1.1 million

The number rises with the cap, or at least it did, whatever it is now is what it is until the future.

Reactions: shortfuze

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll give you Kasperi Kapanen but it seems a bit high so maybe if you guys add a prospect ? Not one of your top 3 even ... I know! Filip Hallander! That sounds about right. So yeah. Kap and Hallander for the 15th. Maybe a minor leaguer from each team added to help balance value and salary as well... preferably defensemen

Deal?

You know I am a fan of Kapanen but I don't think Toronto does that

Reactions: TML Dynasty

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It makes complete sense that Dubas will trade the 15th for immediate help. He will also want to send as much salary away as possible with the deal, as that will allow him more flexibility. Who knows what team, or players, he is targeting. Dumba is a non starter, IMO.

Larsson?...maybe.

I think Larsson is a target if he is truly on the block the issue is his term.
I don't think he gets the 15th pick given he is entering the last year of his deal

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
ThenLeafs need an actual might side of their defense.

Dumba would be better than ANYTHING they currently have on the right because they don't have shit on the right

It would be bad asset management, but I guess that's nothing new for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad