Prospect Info: The 13th Semi-Annual Beacon Prospect Poll: #1 Prospect

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Skjei, add Graves.

I know Buchnevich has a higher ceiling, but I'll take the guy playing against NA competition right now.

Graves has been developing well for a couple years now, so I'll take him over relative unknowns we just drafted.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Buch, of course.

I can't believe some already adding Kovacs (ahead of Gropp who was drafted more than just a few picks earlier).

Looking at the list I'm inclined to add Andersson ahead of either Tambs or Boo.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
i am not figuring why Nejezchleb is not eligible

and Graves is listed to choose from, and listed as available to add

Skjei, add Tambellini, his playoffs were impressive, the kind of domination Gordie looks for when moving up a level

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
i am not figuring why Nejezchleb is not eligible

and Graves is listed to choose from, and listed as available to add

Skjei, add Tambellini, his playoffs were impressive, the kind of domination Gordie looks for when moving up a level

Not just that, I think he is underrated.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I believe it was just an oversight by Beacon, because unless im reading that criteria thing wrong, he is most definitely eligible and still considered a prospect.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I believe it was just an oversight by Beacon, because unless im reading that criteria thing wrong, he is most definitely eligible and still considered a prospect.

I may be wrong, but is Nej still Rangers property? They didn't offer him a contract and he's 20. Wouldn't that mean he's free to sign wherever he pleases?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I may be wrong, but is Nej still Rangers property? They didn't offer him a contract and he's 20. Wouldn't that mean he's free to sign wherever he pleases?

Ranger's still have him listed as their property on their website.

I'm not a expert with all the rules, but I can't imagine we can lose a player just 1 year after drafting him (even if he was an overage player in the draft).

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ranger's still have him listed as their property on their website.

I'm not a expert with all the rules, but I can't imagine we can lose a player just 1 year after drafting him (even if he was an overage player in the draft).

Once a player is drafted, his team essentially has until next June to keep exclusive rights to him. A club retains a players exclusive negotiating rights until he's 22 after he's drafted if

• He leaves Major Junior hockey before age 20 (if he hangs out for one year, the team has to give him that Bona Fide Offer, otherwise they don't.)
  • He goes to college. He doesn't even have to stay there. The CBA allows for his rights to be extended a bit beyond the fourth year after his drafting, but doesn't allow for a way that a player can re-enter the draft.
  • He plays in a foreign league

Richard Nejezchleb is turning 22 on 2 May 2016.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Once a player is drafted, his team essentially has until next June to keep exclusive rights to him. A club retains a players exclusive negotiating rights until he's 22 after he's drafted if

• He leaves Major Junior hockey before age 20 (if he hangs out for one year, the team has to give him that Bona Fide Offer, otherwise they don't.)
  • He goes to college. He doesn't even have to stay there. The CBA allows for his rights to be extended a bit beyond the fourth year after his drafting, but doesn't allow for a way that a player can re-enter the draft.
  • He plays in a foreign league

Richard Nejezchleb is turning 22 on 2 May 2016.

Even if he drafted as a 19 year old?

I just feel like we are missing something, the Rangers wouldn't have him down as their property if he wasn't, tryout players aren't listed on their team roster.

edit - Well this is from July "Well, Nejezchleb spoke to media in the Czech Republic and implied that the plan for him is to start next season in Hartford. We'll see if that's on an AHL contract or if the Rangers sign him."....So i guess he's not considered a prospect.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As far as I know, NHL teams retain rights to a player for a minimum of 2 years, which can extend if a player moves overseas or to college. The states rules published by SB Nation say something else though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad