Pre-Game Talk: That's It! Back to Winnipeg!: Leafs @ Jets, HNIC Sat 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

The idea of having the one up on Paul Maurice and the Jets brings a smile to this man's face

n501a053464eec.gif

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully the team that didn't show up in Dallas is already in Winnipeg. No point getting a great win streak if they start to slide again. Need to get their act together for this one.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am almost glad the Leafs got spanked so hard in Dallas. It should light a real fire under their ass for Winnipeg.

I can't wait! Saturday night Leafs-Jets from Winnipeg?! I love it! I am still getting used to having the Jets back in the league. The novelty has not worn off as far as I am concerned.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
the driver checks the mirror seven minutes late
crowded riders' restlessness enunciates
the guess who suck, the jets were lousy anyway
the same mood every day
and in the turning lane
someone's stalled again
he's talking to himself
and hears the price of gas repeat his phrase
i hate winnipeg

-The Weakerthans

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Does history repeat itself ?

The last time Leafs won 6 games was back in 2006. After that they went on to lose 8 of their next 9 games including 7 in a row.

Lets hope history this time does not repeat itself.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Does history repeat itself ?

The last time Leafs won 6 games was back in 2006. After that they went on to lose 8 of their next 9 games including 7 in a row.

Lets hope history this time does not repeat itself.

we just went from winning the Stanley Cup to losing 8 out of 9 games :laugh: :(

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I could have sworn they had that "back to Winnipeg" Simpsons clip on YouTube before LOL what happened to it

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
we just went from winning the Stanley Cup to losing 8 out of 9 games :laugh: :(

Well you need balance .. :wg:

Talk about sweeping the Pens in round 3 prior to the game was the extreme optimistic, and posting past historical trends the attempt to ground things getting us back to reality that falls somewhere in the middle.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Posted in another thread but here's the next 7 games before the Olympics start:
Jets, Bolts, Panthers, Senators, Panthers, Bolts, Canucks

7 games in ~15 days.
Sens have the best record in the past 10 games out of all of those teams. They're due to come back down to Earth I guess

I think the Leafs could go on another run in that stretch of games. If they do, they will most likely set themselves as a safe bet in finishing with a playoff spot (perhaps even top 3 in the division).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Posted in another thread but here's the next 7 games before the Olympics start:
Jets, Bolts, Panthers, Senators, Panthers, Bolts, Canucks

7 games in ~15 days.
Sens have the best record in the past 10 games out of all of those teams. They're due to come back down to Earth I guess

I think the Leafs could go on another run in that stretch of games. If they do, they will most likely set themselves as a safe bet in finishing with a playoff spot (perhaps even top 3 in the division).

We're facing TB finally. To think that we are already finished with some Western teams before playing a divisional opponent once.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
So in theory should Columbus.

you know - I'm not even too worried about the Bolts right now - so even if we "three-pointed" those games + the Canucks & Jets - that's fine. (win or lose)

the key is to beat Panthers twice & Beat the sens (IN regulation)

so we are looking at a
4-0-3 record or
5-1-2 or
4-1-2
4-1-2 record

the magic there is 4 (with again, having a 2 point game vs. Ottawa).

that sets us up nicely for March which is I feel BRUTAL

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
We're facing TB finally. To think that we are already finished with some Western teams before playing a divisional opponent once.

Weird schedule this year. Some divisional teams we play 5 times (Montreal, Buffalo), some others we play 4 times (Boston, Ottawa).

So in theory should Columbus.

you know - I'm not even too worried about the Bolts right now - so even if we "three-pointed" those games + the Canucks & Jets - that's fine. (win or lose)

the key is to beat Panthers twice & Beat the sens (IN regulation)

so we are looking at a
4-0-3 record or
5-1-2 or
4-1-2
4-1-2 record

the magic there is 4 (with again, having a 2 point game vs. Ottawa).

that sets us up nicely for March which is I feel BRUTAL

Yeah, March looks tough. To be fair, Toronto, Ottawa, Detroit all have the same number of tough games coming up. Montreal has the most though

Toronto still has to play Anaheim, St Louis, LA Kings, Vancouver, San Jose, Boston.
Ottawa still has to play Pittsburgh (2x), Vancouver, St Louis, Chicago, Boston.
Montreal still has to play Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, LA Kings, Phoenix, San Jose, Colorado, Chicago, Boston (3x).
Detroit still has to play Vancouver, Chicago, Colorado, Pittsburgh (2x), Minnesota (2x), St Louis, Boston

Montreal could be in trouble, it looks like.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Weird schedule this year. Some divisional teams we play 5 times (Montreal, Buffalo), some others we play 4 times (Boston, Ottawa).

Yeah, March looks tough. To be fair, Toronto, Ottawa, Detroit all have the same number of tough games coming up. Montreal has the most though

Toronto still has to play Anaheim, St Louis, LA Kings, Vancouver, San Jose, Boston.
Ottawa still has to play Pittsburgh (2x), Vancouver, St Louis, Chicago, Boston.
Montreal still has to play Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Anaheim, LA Kings, Phoenix, San Jose, Colorado, Chicago, Boston (3x).
Detroit still has to play Vancouver, Chicago, Colorado, Pittsburgh (2x), Minnesota (2x), St Louis, Boston

Montreal could be in trouble, it looks like.

well out of the three (because unless Tampa goes into the same tailspin most of the east has done - even Boston went through a relative dip), March decides the playoffs

it very easily could be that two Atlantic teams don't make it.

I think Ottawa can squish in there somehow. I'll give them their credit.
Detroit will need to go on a run to even keep ground (Ottawa is above them now).

so that leaves Us or Montreal. which makes tonight/Tomorrow night so important. if the Wings win + We win - we're sitting third. if Montreal wins + wins Saturday and we Win, we're going to have to try to catch up somehow.

mikebel111*

If we win. I will totally beat leaf of bread for PGT.
i challange you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad