Pre-Game Talk: That's It! Back to Winnipeg!: Leafs @ Jets, HNIC Sat 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Depending on what happens tonight vs. Montreal & Detroit, we could still be tied with the Habs, or we'll be chasing them again [and either way, Detroit (and Ottawa) are still breathing down down our backs.

I posted in the post game yesterday why I was willing to give this team a pass on last night - this will be a very good test for the team, how do they respond. Do they so for a little slump, or do they channel last year's squad who never had a losing streak longer than 1 game [there was that one 5 game winless streak, but they gained points in all but 1].

so there we go.
I personally believe, they're gonna win.

PhilTheThrillKessel

Feb 11, 2007
Winnipeg
I'll be at this game...please get a win, Toronto. Jets fans are really arrogant and sure love to trash the Leafs even though their team isn't that good. Just win, baby.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
This will be a good test, they better show up.

TheThrill81*

May I suggest a thread title for the GDT?

"That's it, back to Winnipeg!"

(Simpsons fans will get it :) )

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
interesting to see how we respond, i really do not know what to expect , all i know is that WPG will be bringing it

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

The animators did a good job of getting the skyline (I'm a buildings/skyline enthusiast, so I look for these details)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Now if there's one fanbase that I enjoy watching suffer, it's the Jets.

Please win.

Everyone go to :28 seconds in. I think someone gif'd it a while back. :laugh:

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
honest opinion, has your hate for wpg gone down now that they have maurice? mine has...even when they moved to the west i still wanted them to lose each game..i guess the change for me is a combination of being irrated by noel and liking maurice

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
i never hated Winnipeg....
so...

hm.
no?
[but I really like Maurice so now it's really no]

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Need this one bad. Last year we didn't really have losing streaks, it would be nice to revert back to that form instead of going on these 3-4 game losing streaks!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
This is going to be really tough. Jets on a roll lately and playing some really good hockey; Pavelec is hot right now and they're fired up under Maurice. Also the Jets' arena is probably the toughest to play in, and we tend to struggle there, pretty sure the Leafs record is like 1-3 over there.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
If you to take away anything from last nights game is that the Leafs allowed 28 shots on goal,unfortunately 7 of them went in LOL

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
thats why i dont like the shots on goal stat, if the leafs are winning then the other team has to push, if the other team is winning then the leafs have to push, its a conditional stat...it's like the hit stat, if the other team has the puck all the time then they will be out hit....useless stats

TheThrill81*

Haha awesome

Gotta say though, If we lose..

..That's a paddlin.

tumblr_mk0k416nTW1qkfwf2o1_r1_500.jpg

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
thats why i dont like the shots on goal stat, if the leafs are winning then the other team has to push, if the other team is winning then the leafs have to push, its a conditional stat...it's like the hit stat, if the other team has the puck all the time then they will be out hit....useless stats

this is something that really makes me pause
yes - the leafs get hemmed in [problem]
but that's the difference between actually sitting back (which most teams DO do at times when defending a lead, then they just take advantage like Dallas did and score when its there) and people screaming "the Leafs sit back"

if we have a lead, you've got to assume that the other team is going to be more aggressive by trying to tie/win the game. this was actually on the radio, because people were calling in and saying the Avs totally came back i the third period and Hayes was saying well what exactly did you expect the Avs to do? that's what teams do lol

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
i never hated Winnipeg....
so...

hm.
no?
[but I really like Maurice so now it's really no]

Winnipeg is my home town and I like Paul Maurice, however Leafs are my team, but I always have a soft spot for the Jets.

Looking forward to this game as a result.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
On the plus side,

Kulemin - 2g, 2a, +4 in his last 5 games since being moved to the 2nd line. Looks like his top six game is actually coming back (I was skeptical of it ever returning). Also recently became our forward leader in blocked shots. I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Carlyle still refuses to give him PP time over Raymond who has been terrible and had those two awful giveaways in the Phoenix game with like two minutes left.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm indifferent about Winnipeg, same as I am about every opponent.

Never liked Maurice though, at times here he looked like he was ready to cry. Hope the Leafs make him cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad