Post-Game Talk: That's a "wrap" Reino wins it in OT as Panthers take 3-0 series lead

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
As long as we end up on top. Aa far as the rest of the series, I'm confident we end it in 4,5, or 6. These guys are way too resilient to drop 4 straight. That being said, apparently the path to the finals is through all 3 top teams in the east. Nobody else has pulled an upset or seems like they will. That's a tough road. Will we run out of steam?
Yeah, we are great at winning close games but it is not good for the health :D I think we will finish them off tomorrow.
Well if you wanna win it all you gotta beat the best

Reactions: scholl

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
update everyone, I was admitted to the hospital yesterday I will be here a month. I'm reading the post going by not posting much as I have a roommate and my Voice to text isn't A good idea here. He stepped out of the room for At a moment. I thought I'd keep you all update. I am Reading the post and will be watching the game tomorrow and rest of the playoffs.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Go Panthers and go Bob!

Get well soon!

• Love
Reactions: Prominence Problem

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So. Are the Devils done lol
2B53F7D5-0FBA-4BBE-9C7F-A9977FF77CD3.jpeg

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
NHL.com also has a brief article where Mark Recchi talks about being on the losing side of that Bruins-Flyers series. And how the team down 0-3 suddenly has nothing to lose because nobody’s expecting them to win anymore and now all the pressure is on the 3-0 team.

I agree in general but not really in this instance because the Panthers still don’t have anything to lose. They made the playoffs on a bit of a miracle, beat the bruins out n a humongous miracle, are leading on a miracle… just keep it going as long as you can. I don’t think I’m this series the pressure would suddenly shift from the Leafs to the Cats. No, that’s the part of playing in Toronto, pressure is always there. Pressure to win, pressure not to lose, pressure not to get swept, pressure not to lose to certain teams especially… list goes on.
That might apply to some teams, but the pressure is never off in Toronto, and the pressure is never particularly high in Florida.

Reactions: Boothinator and KW

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
NHL.com also has a brief article where Mark Recchi talks about being on the losing side of that Bruins-Flyers series. And how the team down 0-3 suddenly has nothing to lose because nobody’s expecting them to win anymore and now all the pressure is on the 3-0 team.

I agree in general but not really in this instance because the Panthers still don’t have anything to lose. They made the playoffs on a bit of a miracle, beat the bruins out n a humongous miracle, are leading on a miracle… just keep it going as long as you can. I don’t think I’m this series the pressure would suddenly shift from the Leafs to the Cats. No, that’s the part of playing in Toronto, pressure is always there. Pressure to win, pressure not to lose, pressure not to get swept, pressure not to lose to certain teams especially… list goes on.

Once you are 3-0 in a series, I think you have everything to lose. At this point, no one cares if the Panthers were the underdog before the series started. They are now up 3-0 and it would be seen as a major choke if they can’t win this series.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Really wish Jersey could’ve beaten the Canes, would much rather have the Devils waiting in the wings after this series than Carolina. If we can finish off Toronto we have a big challenge ahead

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I see what you're doing. 1st you said Boston would be unstoppable. Then the Leafs would be too much. Now it's the Canes year.....
This run logically doesn't make sense. Marc Staal playing 20 minutes a night. One of the worst PKs I have ever seen. Zac Dalpe looks like an ideal 4th liner. You have to think it'll end, hopefully after this round at least (I think selling those shirts is bad juju).

Reactions: Vilam

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Also this is a must win imo, game 5 would be in Toronto and then all the pressure is on Florida game 6. I have a feeling Toronto will get more than 0 PPs tomorrow.

Reactions: scholl

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I got a bad juju feeling right now.... hopefully the guys can once again prove me wrong.
Trust me. If the Panthers pull off a mind numbing 4 losses in a row against all the odds, it had nothing to do with a t-shirt. Just like being up 3-0 has nothing to do with their chant. This is just pure Panther fan paranoia that the wheels will come off at any moment. We felt it the entire season last year even though we were locked into the postseason since Christmas. Breathe.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Trust me. If the Panthers pull off a mind numbing 4 losses in a row against all the odds, it had nothing to do with a t-shirt. Just like being up 3-0 has nothing to do with their chant. This is just pure Panther fan paranoia that the wheels will come off at any moment. We felt it the entire season last year even though we were locked into the postseason since Christmas. Breathe.
You have been around vor 20 years, you know that many very unlikely things have happened to us before. A tad scepticism is justified.

But you are right in the end. TOR is not just suddenly going to turn into a world-beating team, and we are not just stopping to play the way we played successfully over the last 20 games. Whether we will see another 1 or 4 games against TOR, they will have to be at their absolut best and beyond to beat us.

The T-Shirt thing is funny as hell. It would just be weird if we had brought it out before game 1, after game 1 or after game 2. Now? Perfect timing - we should already be wearing them when we kick TOR out of the POs, not after. We are not celebrating beating them prematurely.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The t-shirt thing is a bit silly but it isn’t targeted as a boast of “we are gonna sweep the Leafs and we told you so”, instead it’s a reminder to the Leafs fans that THEY thought they were going to sweep US. In other words, they were already wrong after game 1 let alone game 3. With Boston, they probably wouldn’t be down 0-3, and that’s the point. Don’t underestimate your opponent. That’s all it is.

Reactions: austropanther

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Wishing for New-Jersey just like Toronto wished to play us instead of Boston?
Exactly. The winner of the series is the better team right now. I don’t believe matchups move the needle as much as which team is playing better right now.

We’re gonna get the better team either way, assuming we can advance with the fourth win (which is the hardest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad