Friedman: Thatcher Demko - 3 teams to watch out for: LAK, BUF, PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
I don't see the Canucks moving Demko. He is their goalie who could play until 35 and make a couple serious cup runs. It would take a crazy good offer to get him out of Van.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't see the Canucks moving Demko. He is their goalie who could play until 35 and make a couple serious cup runs. It would take a crazy good offer to get him out of Van.
Yeah, it makes no sense to trade him when his value is the lowest. Canucks would need to receive a value like a top 10 pick/blue chip prospect to consider it.

Reactions: lawrence and dwarf

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
For the people who watch Demko more often than I do what do you think about his style and maybe his conditioning? I think back to the Dallas series and picture his damn near needing life support every game, I recall seeing similarish events at random times but dont watch him enough to know if thats accurate or not.

I ask just out of curiosity if hes a really "busy" goalie and maybe thats compounding the hip issues or if its less direct and likely more related to simply being a modern day butterfly goalie.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
highly unlikely he will be moved until after he comes back from his injury. Even then, teams are going to want to see how he is playing. He is a really great goalie when healthy though!

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
For the people who watch Demko more often than I do what do you think about his style and maybe his conditioning? I think back to the Dallas series and picture his damn near needing life support every game, I recall seeing similarish events at random times but dont watch him enough to know if thats accurate or not.

I ask just out of curiosity if hes a really "busy" goalie and maybe thats compounding the hip issues or if its less direct and likely more related to simply being a modern day butterfly goalie.
Go back and read the stats or watch the highlights of those games. He was making 5-10 grade A saves a period for 3 straight games. And they made them play back to back as well. His conditioning is unreal. Its his hips that are the concern right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad