Friedman: Thatcher Demko - 3 teams to watch out for: LAK, BUF, PIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
You have done a very poor job following our exchanges lmao. great time to use the ignore feature :)
As have apparently several other people who have pointed out you're trying to argue that he's somehow worth trading for right now because he's over .900 for his career, but not this year. Of course, when several people are telling you that you're wrong.. it's surely them who are confused.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If he plays well in the next 12 games, they would need to offer something Vancouver would not refuse. I don't Canucks will trade him or trade him that easily and he isn't a UFA so the value would be a lot higher

How can you make that comparison with the way Canucks defense plays? Put Petersen in the Canucks team and his numbers will be way lower. It's like comparing grades of someone in grade 12 vs. someone in grade 1 lol.

Does LA also deploy Tyler Myers and OEL as their top pairing shutdown D?

I was going to talk about Todd McLellan's deployment of Sean Durzi on the penalty kill, but then I went and looked for some stats to back up my claims. I just want to say that I've never seen such low defensive stats on player cards:

Screenshot-2023-01-29-at-8.56.25-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-01-29-at-8.56.28-PM.png

tenor.gif

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
View attachment 645129
Demko and Petersen have surprisingly similar career GAA and SV% numbers.
Thatcher has significantly more games played, his SA is nearly 2k more and has played on arguably a worse team. his GSAA is pretty elite sitting at 2.5 while Peterson is terrible at -10.4. Demko over the last few years has taken one of the highest number of high danger shots and still puts up solid numbers in todays NHL. Comparing the two is like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Thatcher has significantly more games played, his SA is nearly 2k more and has played on arguably a worse team. his GSAA is pretty elite sitting at 2.5 while Peterson is terrible at -10.4. Demko over the last few years has taken one of the highest number of high danger shots and still puts up solid numbers in todays NHL. Comparing the two is like comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Yeah i agree, a goalie without hips is a Toyota vs Ferrari

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
woo you found an example of a suped up Toyota Supra with over 50k (maybe closer to 100k?) in upgrades where it crushes a Ferrari. Which also happens to be from a movie. Now this isn't to say it doesn't happen in real life, but stock vs stock is a different story. You also have an amateur driver in the Ferrari vs a professional in the Supra.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
woo you found an example of a suped up Toyota Supra with over 50k (maybe closer to 100k?) in upgrades where it crushes a Ferrari. Which also happens to be from a movie. Now this isn't to say it doesn't happen in real life, but stock vs stock is a different story. You also have an amateur driver in the Ferrari vs a professional in the Supra.

You must be fun at parties, chill winston.

InTheBox

Feb 7, 2021
Buffalo should go out and get Karel Vejmelka. He's a much better option than Demko. Karel does amazing things behind a bad team. On Buffalo, he's an all-star.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
If LA did, they would be in worst position than Vancouver now lol

So someone ran into Demko and asked if he was not happy in Vancouver? Lmao
Woodley is to goalies as Maclean is to refs as Edwards is to baked beans in Boston.

Woodley is pretty chummy with Demko.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Why do people believe Demko wants to be traded or that Canucks want to trade him?

I think it all started from one of his family members(his mom I think) “liking” twitter posts that were critical of Canucks’ management.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :laugh:

/closethread

Don't get me wrong, I love reading this forum...

But please... people... we've gotta keep one foot in reality.

Demko doesn't want out and Canucks don't want to trade him.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
I still take Jarry, it has to do with the hip issue, and there's no way Jarry's gonna come in at 7.0 for this team that's built on not taking away the means to ice a good team. I'm betting on 6.0/6.5 or less, but if Jarry wanted 7.0 I'm still not scared. They have plenty of contracts that could be seen to squeeze out of the lineup to allow his. It's only a modest 1.0 or even 1.5. There are guys whom patrol the 4th line making over 2.0 that has no business being on a 4th line with that kind of cap number. I make that goalie position a much bigger priority.

Meaning, I bet on Jarry to stay at his level and gain the playoff experience to make the signing worth doing.

I don't want to let him go just because another guy is only 5.0 for 2 more years. Is 2 more years worth possibly losing the better goalie? The guy you can have locked up for longer though for more, over 2 years of savings and still question marks on that hip issue.

That hip issue has me not even taking it for a test drive.
Again, "IF" the hip is proven solid, I take Demko, but you need time and game to prove that, the TDL is too close, for that to happen........I guess, the Pitts GM knows for sure what he wants to do..............IMO, this is just smoke!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Buffalo should be the team to trade for him.

But, it might be wise if the Kings trade for him that Brandt Clarke heads the other way.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yes. Many times.

Demko is not a clear cut above Jarry by any stretch of the imagination. Your post reeks of homerism.
Homerism or facts, if I'm wrong tell me why? Jarry has had a far better team in front of him then Demko, am I wrong there?

Now instead of insinuating made up narratives, why don't you tell me why?

Healthy Demko would be such a great get for LA, Goalies and Knee issues scare the shit out of me though. Also rumors on him having hip issues.
Would need to see him play first, but LA definitely has the assets to make it happen IMO. 2023 first, Grans, Copley

not sure if his post are real or not...Peterson for Demko straight up is such a joke.
Oh it's real, his sense of any players beyond his own (which he greatly overvalues) is non-existent.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ahh another comment from the guy who knows nothing about any players but his own, who he of course, WAY overvalues, we should totally take your "unbiased" comment seriously.......
Those injuries are not my idea as uninformed fan.
I also have no idea where i overvalue my own players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad