Post-Game Talk: That was Doggone Beautiful. Chucky is BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don’t want Perry. Our team seems to be gelling really well and doesn’t have locker room issues/controversy. There’s no need as a top team in the league to risk upsetting that for a third liner.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
This world is so soft these days…

Assault is still assault, verbal or physical. Has nothing to do with being soft “these days”.

The difference is that recording instruments are literally everywhere so it’s harder to get away with scummy shit that should have been reported for decades.

So Ekblad already banged up. Nice.

Maurice said he’s playing. Cousins still out for the foreseeable future

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Assault is still assault, verbal or physical. Has nothing to do with being soft “these days”.

The difference is that recording instruments are literally everywhere so it’s harder to get away with scummy shit that should have been reported for decades.

Maurice said he’s playing. Cousins still out for the foreseeable future

I meant more in the intent that say calling someone pretty these days if considered sexual assault

Disagree: after the incident before, any sort of workplace abuse cannot be tolerated. We can condemn the action without condemning the person.

Perry should get a second chance in a new organization

Like I responded in other post. It's now considered calling someone pretty as sexual assault. I did not mean Perry did that. Just meaning the world these days and there wondering why people being single has skyrocketed

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I meant more in the intent that say calling someone pretty these days if considered sexual assault

Like I responded in other post. It's now considered calling someone pretty as sexual assault. I did not mean Perry did that. Just meaning the world these days and there wondering why people being single has skyrocketed

Where did you read that he called someone pretty? Sounded a lot worse than that to be kicked off a team

Also, not saying he should be banned or anything. I’d take Perry over Cousins any day

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
I don’t want Perry. Our team seems to be gelling really well and doesn’t have locker room issues/controversy. There’s no need as a top team in the league to risk upsetting that for a third liner.
By all accounts, Perry is a great teammate. He fits one of the team's only weaknesses. He fits our style of play. He's a veteran leader who's won a cup, and has played the most playoff games out of any active player. I think that's well worth the risk for this one incident in about 20 years and that he already payed the price for. Like do you see him pulling the same thing again with a fresh start? On top of all that, he will cost basically nothing

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We have no idea how bad what Perry said.

However, Chicago had to probably do it, even if it was minor, just to avoid another Beach incident. It's possible they over reacted but they likely had no choice

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Personally, I really don't care if he got drunk and said he wanted to bone the GM's wife at the team barbecue.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Hey guys, always really liked Lundell, just curious to get some context on what’s going with him? Is he just not getting the opportunities or is he playing poorly?

What do you guys feel the long term role will be on the Panthers?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Wake up @batting1k New PoMo face just dropped

1704997979393.png

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Where did you read that he called someone pretty? Sounded a lot worse than that to be kicked off a team

Also, not saying he should be banned or anything. I’d take Perry over Cousins any day

I wasnt talking about Perry. I should made that clear. I meant in general in the world these days. Calling someone pretty is considered sexual assault

• Haha

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hey guys, always really liked Lundell, just curious to get some context on what’s going with him? Is he just not getting the opportunities or is he playing poorly?

Somebody needs to make a main board thread about his struggles.. *wink wink*

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Extremely snakebitten, Reinhart is no longer on his line anymore.
He's missed the net a lot or simply overthinking things in OZ.
Feel he should have 5 more goals at this point but his line is pretty sound defensively so it's not all bad.
He's improved on faceoffs as well, he seems to.be more confident going into corners and handling puck battles along the wall, becoming more physically assertive.

His career shooting% is 9 and he's at 2.8% this year so he hasn't been accurate and fumbled the opportunities he's had. It's a delayed sophomore slump IMO. His volume of shots seem in line with his past 2 year average.

If he stays as C then it's likely 3C or possibly 4C if someone supplants him, Stenlund could make the case this year to be the 3C.

If Lundell is ever shifted to wing, it may allow for more offense if on the 2nd line but Panthers hope of him becoming a solid 2 way 2C dwindles every game.
He's still young enough to catch an uptick in development and offensive production but a really good 3C is needed on a Cup winning team.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
Extremely snakebitten, Reinhart is no longer on his line anymore.
He's missed the net a lot or simply overthinking things in OZ.
Feel he should have 5 more goals at this point but his line is pretty sound defensively so it's not all bad.
He's improved on faceoffs as well, he seems to.be more confident going into corners and handling puck battles along the wall, becoming more physically assertive.

His career shooting% is 9 and he's at 2.8% this year so he hasn't been accurate and fumbled the opportunities he's had. It's a delayed sophomore slump IMO. His volume of shots seem in line with his past 2 year average.

If he stays as C then it's likely 3C or possibly 4C if someone supplants him, Stenlund could make the case this year to be the 3C.

If Lundell is ever shifted to wing, it may allow for more offense if on the 2nd line but Panthers hope of him becoming a solid 2 way 2C dwindles every game.
He's still young enough to catch an uptick in development and offensive production but a really good 3C is needed on a Cup winning team.
Appreciate it! Best of luck the rest of the way, boys.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

For sure and I agree with your take, some people are sensitive but at the end of the day it's better to just respect those boundaries than anything else.

What Perry did was more than calling someone "pretty", it was more his advances towards someone he.....probably should've known better not to do towards. That's where I'll leave it.

Regardless, from what I've heard it wasn't nearly egregious enough to ban him from the league, but understandable why the Hawks organization would want to part ways with him.

He'll land on his feet, couldn't happen to a nicer guy. /s

Reactions: Gizmo Tkachuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad