Post-Game Talk: That was Doggone Beautiful. Chucky is BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Put me in the camp that actually cares about the standings. Part of the reason the Panthers got thumped in the Finals was having to run the gauntlet of the best teams in the East and were exhausted by the end, even with the 5 and 4 game series wins.

Give me the 7 or 8 seed in round one.
Agreed, if we can face Washington/Detroit/Pittsburgh/whoever in the 1st round instead of the Leafs, that's a HUGE step in the right direction if they win that opening round. Boston vs. Toronto would be a blood bath and we'd be left to pick up the pieces.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Put me in the camp that actually cares about the standings. Part of the reason the Panthers got thumped in the Finals was having to run the gauntlet of the best teams in the East and were exhausted by the end, even with the 5 and 4 game series wins.

Give me the 7 or 8 seed in round one.
Plus playing do or die hockey for 6 months starting in January... we need to secure a spot earlier so we can let our best players heal/rest before the POs

Reactions: Vilam

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Screenshot_20231130_215925_Gallery.jpg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I have a feeling we get him for 9.25. A bit high (damn career year) but I don’t see Zito giving him more than Tkachuk or Barkov.
The extra year plus taxes help. I also wonder if the Huberdeau experience+his time in Buffalo make him want to stay in a favorable experience.

Even though we complain about Bob's contract, he is treated well by the fans, local media, and the team. The same cannot be said for other markets

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Players always want to maximize the earnings they get out of their contracts.

You just have to hope that factors such as "I already own a home here" and "there's no state income tax" and "I enjoy playing golf year-round" and yes, "I won't have to deal with Canadian media" count for enough that you can make the contract a good value for the team.

RE: Canada specifically, unless you're a patriotic Canadian who just loves Canada, or you are going to play for your hometown team or something, I can't fathom why anyone would go play in Canada if the contract offers are even close.

Who the f*** wants to deal with that shit?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Players always want to maximize the earnings they get out of their contracts.

You just have to hope that factors such as "I already own a home here" and "there's no state income tax" and "I enjoy playing golf year-round" and yes, "I won't have to deal with Canadian media" count for enough that you can make the contract a good value for the team.

RE: Canada specifically, unless you're a patriotic Canadian who just loves Canada, or you are going to play for your hometown team or something, I can't fathom why anyone would go play in Canada if the contract offers are even close.

Who the f*** wants to deal with that shit?

Had to take the like off after you added the edited part about Canada :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Felidae and MaWa

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I have a feeling we get him for 9.25. A bit high (damn career year) but I don’t see Zito giving him more than Tkachuk or Barkov.

IMO also 8.5 x 8 will get it done. Other teams would have give 9.7 million to match and he would probably have to move to some gong show to get it.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Apparently Corey Perry is available.

Man, his pestiness and playstyle would fit in perfectly with the Panthers, but we don't really need him. Our 3rd and 4th line are already pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad