Post-Game Talk: That was all Eberle, right? Nilsson 2-1 Dal OT

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
I wonder is he plays against Buffalo, or does he put in Talbot before he gets his bum numb from sitting too long, If I was him I would ride a hot goalie.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Looking at that goal again... Draisaitl makes three excellent reads. One masking his speed for a great little move, one on that left side to pick that puck off to get a shot off in the slot, and again on the right, takes the boards and goes straight to the net.

Wow.

McDavid, you have competition.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Well that was sure something.

I know in the GDT I ragged on Eberle, hard (and he rightfully deserved it) but man I'm happy for him. That shot was a beauty.

BTW I'm in love with Nilsson, if you guys didn't already know that lol. Great freaking job all around in the 3v3 OT!

Yup. We get frustrated and rag on guys, but I think the majority of us want every Oiler to be successful.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Nilsson was a stud obviously but I think too many are being hard on the team. It was an even game through 2 periods despite the shot totals.
Dallas came out hard in the 3rd, got the 2 PPs and the momentum completely swing in their favor. One really bad period but not a bad game.

Mt. Nilsson standing tall. Still not sold on him because of sample size but it's hard not to be at least a bit excited about him going forward. Still really young too.

If the Oilers can hold the fort until McDavid, Pouliot and Yak get back, they could make a bit of a run here. I think the team has hung in there despite the injuries/flu.

Ehhh..no. Not even close. Couldn't make that assumption at any time in this game..except the last second of OT.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Didn't watch the third period or OT. So Nilsson was great.

@patersonjeff: Oilers just 4 back of #Canucks and now with more wins on the season

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Guys.

What if we get good goaltending, make a trade for a defenceman, and get healthy?

this team is leaps and bounds better then years past. 10, 1 goal losses? imo only 3 games all year they weren't in. They need a true #1 dman and I think they can make some noise

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
**** me, tuukaa i started you instead of nilsson you piece of ****

tuukka stop ****ing around.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Flames are starting to pull games out of their ***** again...crap.

Gretzkyforever99

Dec 28, 2014
Great White North
watched the game with the Dallas feed and the announcers said after the goal...you have to wonder why Eberle only has 4 goals with a shot like that...you could hear the shot after he released it it was so hard

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Why does it matter? If you take two risks and one pays off, why whine about the second one not meeting expectations (to this point)?

I really don't care about the price we paid for Talbot either tbh. We got badass Nilsson for Liam freakin' Coughlin, so it evens it out imo.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ehhh..no. Not even close. Couldn't make that assumption at any time in this game..except the last second of OT.

The Oilers carried the play in the 2nd.
Even after the first 5-6 minutes of the 1st, they played them even in that period too.
The 3rd was completely ownage though, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad