Post-Game Talk: That was all Eberle, right? Nilsson 2-1 Dal OT

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As much as everyone knows my feelings about this game already, at the end of the day I'm still happy EDM won despite being dominated. Drais was a beast in the OT and I loved how shocked Ebs was when the puck went in for him. :popcorn:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Eberle has factored heavily into our last couple of wins. He may not be playing great right now but he is a valuable player on our team.

Hell yeah. Just a matter of time before he puts in a solid 20 minutes a night. Clutch as can be, just needs a little extra open ice right now!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nilsson was a stud obviously but I think too many are being hard on the team. It was an even game through 2 periods despite the shot totals.
Dallas came out hard in the 3rd, got the 2 PPs and the momentum completely swing in their favor. One really bad period but not a bad game.

Mt. Nilsson standing tall. Still not sold on him because of sample size but it's hard not to be at least a bit excited about him going forward. Still really young too.

If the Oilers can hold the fort until McDavid, Pouliot and Yak get back, they could make a bit of a run here. I think the team has hung in there despite the injuries/flu.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Well that was sure something.

I know in the GDT I ragged on Eberle, hard (and he rightfully deserved it) but man I'm happy for him. That shot was a beauty.

BTW I'm in love with Nilsson, if you guys didn't already know that lol. Great freaking job all around in the 3v3 OT!

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
:shakeheadwe take it back Eberle. Now for Fayne.....

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
No illusions about which team was better, but I'll take it. We aren't in a position to dictate how we get wins.

Captain clutch!

Sekera was fantastic IMO.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I'm all too happy to eat crow when it results in Oiler wins.

Glad to see Ebs potted one, he needed it.

Nilsson is the ****ing man. He won this one for us all game.

Nilsson said he would only come to NA if he was playing in the NHL . I think he a man on a mission . Best goaltending we had in years ...so far . I did say he would win the starting job when we traded for him . I think we have a goalie that can grow with this team .

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
Eberle has factored heavily into our last couple of wins. He may not be playing great right now but he is a valuable player on our team.

I still don't know. I honestly think he could be traded today and the oilers don't skip a beat

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's Ebs corner, scores the same place he did last game in the shootout

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Every win against Dallas feels amazing. Hate them when they're bad, hate them when they're good. And they're really ****ing good right now. Hats off to them.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Where is Narnia when we need him? There was some ******** calls in the third....

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Nilsson is looking like he could be a Dubnyk-esque reclamation. Good move by Chia and co. to bring him in and not simply trust in Talbot.

The Oilers team overall is still pretty bad though. The defense continues to be horrid and they just cannot seem to get their heads around the idea of doing simple defensive things like getting the puck across their blue line.

Ah well, out from the basement officially now. If Calgary loses, the Oilers move up to 27th overall in the standings. Only 4 points back of Vancouver too...the Pacific is just terribly weak this year, so getting back in the race isn't totally unthinkable. McD...

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Tuned in to the game in the second but man, really liking Khaira's play. Eberle looked like he had some close calls but really glad he could put in the GWG. Sekera was a beast on defense and Drai was on the last shift of the game but the guy who stole it for us was definitely Nilsson.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
great stuff by mclellan to switch lines and get hall-drai out against the scorers and not the checking line. #usedatlasschanj

The judge looked effective, reggie is becoming a surgeon of a defenceman, eberle needs to start lighting the world on fire quick.

Hall was ok....not back to the blitzkreig-genius Hall of a month ago but he's still making smarter plays and better use of his linemates than in years past.

If Nilsson pulls our season together he could win the Calder......my Calder. He was steady beans all game.

Nurse got penalized for a clean hit to set us up for another soul wrenching loss but we pulled one out of the hat.

We.....

WE.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Man. Nilsson is a man in a mission.

He wanted to be an NHL goalie. Skipped backup and went right for the starting job.

Let's hope he continues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad