Post-Game Talk: That was all Eberle, right? Nilsson 2-1 Dal OT

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Just watched the game this morning. Another ****** performance. Great game by Nillson. Totally stole this one for us. I wish these so called "skilled" players could start putting the puck in the net.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Team is still in the hunt (only because how terrible the pacific is) and we still haven't really seen Hall/Draisatil/McDavid in the lineup together.

Imagine if the Hall/Draisatil combo can continue to play well when McDavid comes back.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Enjoyed seeing Khaira on the Drai/Hall line. Man, that line is a wrecking ball for opponents. They just crush through walls. Even against one of the most dominant lines in the league they looked like gold. They even physically had the upperhand. We don't need somebody really fancy in that spot, just somebody that can support puck possession, not give the puck away, and add to the physical dimensions of that giant line.

I don't know that we've ever had a line like that in Oil Country. Virtual Redwoods. That's 622lbs of beef on the hoof and averaging 6 foot 2 on that line. With all of them exceedingly strong for their weight. Theres no D pair in the world that can handle that sheer physicality.

U got er pal. Look at LA when then one the cup. It was like a bunch of gorillas running around the ice hitting everything that moved. It wears on a team and the finesse guys become scared and will not carry the puck. Boston was down 2-0 to Vancouver. In game 3, they dressed Thornton. During warm-up, you could see him telling every Vancouver finesse player he was getting them and he did. Poof, series becomes tied.
I got a good laugh when Lowe and MacT were interviewed that time and Lowe stated that every GM would want Edmonton's up and coming team. GM's were laughing at him.
I watched the Oilers twice in Boston the last 3 years. By the 3rd period you could see the hitting was started to get to the smaller Oilers and the play was in the Oilers end the rest of the game

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Very, very impressed with Khaira. He plays the KISS game and uses his size. Size wins in the west. I bet he can scrap if need be as well. I like what TM is doing. He is putting sandpaper with skilled guys. I have said that for years is what is killing the Oilers. Someone has to go get the puck in the corners. Look at the Isles big line in the 80's. Bossy-Trottier-Gillies. Bossy-sniper, Trots-set-up man, Gillies-sandpaper. Same as McJesus-Yak-Pouliot.

While I completely agree, I don't think Khaira will ever be a good 1st line complementary player. If we could have someone with Khaira's size but was more talented, that would be the perfect player to complement our 1st line. Unfortunately, those guys are impossible to find.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
While I completely agree, I don't think Khaira will ever be a good 1st line complementary player. If we could have someone with Khaira's size but was more talented, that would be the perfect player to complement our 1st line. Unfortunately, those guys are impossible to find.

I agree with this. As good as Khaira has looked (in limited action) he goes back down as some injured players return to the lineup.

I see Pakarinen staying longer with the team though as he has some offence to his game.
Khaira's lack of offence limits his usefulness.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Phew.

Pouliot might be heading to IR. Who the hell else can we bring up. Slepy should stay down. Maybe give Yakimov or Moroz a cup of coffee.

The only real logical choice is Miller.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pakman-RNH-Ebs
Hendricks-Letestu-Miller
Korpikoski-Lander-Khaira

What the hell happened to Klinkhammer? Haven't heard a peep about him.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pakman-RNH-Ebs
Hendricks-Letestu-Miller
Korpikoski-Lander-Khaira

Was injured. He just recently came back attending the practices.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Pakman-RNH-Ebs
Hendricks-Letestu-Miller
Korpikoski-Lander-Khaira

Miller is useless and doesn't add anything to the lineup.

Klink is hurt.

Bring in someone else playing well in the 'Bake' and give them a shot.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Enjoyed seeing Khaira on the Drai/Hall line. Man, that line is a wrecking ball for opponents. They just crush through walls. Even against one of the most dominant lines in the league they looked like gold. They even physically had the upperhand. We don't need somebody really fancy in that spot, just somebody that can support puck possession, not give the puck away, and add to the physical dimensions of that giant line.

I don't know that we've ever had a line like that in Oil Country. Virtual Redwoods. That's 622lbs of beef on the hoof and averaging 6 foot 2 on that line. With all of them exceedingly strong for their weight. Theres no D pair in the world that can handle that sheer physicality.

wow. that's interesting. I didn't see the game. so, you would say that Hall-Drai-JuJar had the upper hand, or at least a saw off, with Benn-Seguin-Nishu?

I know they out scored them, but how about overall play/chances/zone time?

anyone chime in, please

TheGhost

Jun 11, 2015
Salmon Arm, BC
wow. that's interesting. I didn't see the game. so, you would say that Hall-Drai-JuJar had the upper hand, or at least a saw off, with Benn-Seguin-Nishu?

I know they out scored them, but how about overall play/chances/zone time?

anyone chime in, please

I would say that at the very least, they stayed even with Benn/Seguin/Nichuskin. There were multiple shifts where they had Dallas running around in their own zone for a decent amount of time.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
I agree with this. As good as Khaira has looked (in limited action) he goes back down as some injured players return to the lineup.

I see Pakarinen staying longer with the team though as he has some offence to his game.
Khaira's lack of offence limits his usefulness.

Agree with all of this. He has been a useful stopgap but I don't see a scoring role long term for Khaira; just doesn't have the pedigree. Will be happy to eat crow if he learns how to score at the NHL level but I'm not holding my breath. Could be a useful 4th liner, keeps it simple and isn't a complete black hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad