Post-Game Talk: That Hit On Visnovsky Was Clean: Caps @ Isles 7:07 PM (Isles fans read post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so sill gets 2 games for boarding when no penalty was called and mcquaid hurt

johansson gets 2 games for hit when penalty was called and hickey kept playing

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
so tomorrow its

ovie backs oshie
burakovsky kuzy williams
chimera latta wilson
laich carey galiev

alzner niskanen
schmidt orlov
chorney ness

??

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Mojo must have been lurking here and on twitter and seen everyone calling him soft and decided to do something about it.

I never would have bet that Mojo would have been suspended before Wilson. Mind Blown

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
going to be a real mind **** tomorrow for the rangers if they lose to a a team full of AHLers and healthy scratches

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Cream puff Marcus Johansson who never hits and had no past history gets a 2 game suspension for a questionable hit at best. Hickey had no injury and acknowledged himself that the hit wasn't dirty and that he wasn't prepared correctly for the hit. No verbal warning for a first offender, no fine, 2 game suspension right away.

Stupid league. The NHL suspending Johansson for a hit like that tells me that all physicality will be banned from the game sooner or later. These idiots are ruining the game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Stupid league. The NHL suspending Johansson for a hit like that tells me that all physicality will be banned from the game sooner or later. These idiots are ruining the game.

Nah....nothing like that. It just means the Caps will not be getting calls there way come playoffs. Means that if you were silly enough to think this team could win the cup, that you should have more realistic goals.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nah....nothing like that. It just means the Caps will not be getting calls there way come playoffs. Means that if you were silly enough to think this team could win the cup, that you should have more realistic goals.

Losing in the playoffs because of non-calls against us or terrible calls like the ones we've been getting would drive me insane. I can tolerate losing fair and square to a stronger opponent but not the league screwing us over.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
A player with no history that delivers a bad hit that did not cause injury seems like the ideal situation for a fine. It's just so inconsistent and that's what bothers me the most.

I really think the league may have some sort of bias against the Caps at this point. As others have mentioned, we never seem to get favorable calls in the playoffs either.. at least dating back 7-8 years. The only series I recall where we got calls was MTL in 2010.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A player with no history that delivers a bad hit that did not cause injury seems like the ideal situation for a fine. It's just so inconsistent and that's what bothers me the most.

I really think the league may have some sort of bias against the Caps at this point. As others have mentioned, we never seem to get favorable calls in the playoffs either.. at least dating back 7-8 years. The only series I recall where we got calls was MTL in 2010.

I don't think the league has an anti-Caps bias. They may be favouring some other teams though.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009

It's been longer than that. In the early 2000's, Oli Kolzig fired a puck that the follow through of the stick caught Martin St. Loius in the chops. They gave Kolzig a double minor which changed the outlook of the series which the lightning went on to win.

The worst I've seen was Sergei Gonchar getting called for holding the stick. The blade of the Blues player got caught in his skate blade and as they skated apart the stick was ripped out of the other players hand.

In that same time frame the league sent an open letter on 2 separate occasions apologizing for the bad calls.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I guess the league has been taking it easy on Willy after all. Busted - they want him on the ice - he sells seats.

The tike smashing the remote put on NESN. I never knew I had it. Too bad I hate the Bs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The conclusion I drew from the MJ suspension is that different players play by different sets of rules.
If you're Dustin Byfuglien, you are allowed to board people all you want.
If you're Marcus Johansson, one of the cleanest player in the league, the NHL nails you with a two game suspension for a questionable hit without any previous warning or fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad