Post-Game Talk: That Hit On Visnovsky Was Clean: Caps @ Isles 7:07 PM (Isles fans read post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007

Win

(mod)

From our local rules, which all visiting fans should read (stickied at the top of the forum):

10) Neutral Boards vs Home Boards (and Visiting Fans) – This forum is primarily for Caps fans. Things said here may not fly on other team boards or even neutral boards. Similarly, some topics or comments that might be OK on neutral boards may be unwanted on a team board. If a visiting fan truly does “come in peace” and follows the site and local rules then there is likely no problem. But be advised that this is Caps fan “home ice” and rival fans stopping by making questionable posts probably won't get the benefit of the doubt (meaning high possibility of infractions, threadbans, forum bans, etc). On our team board we may make comments about how we don't like rival cities or buildings or teams, but we MAY NOT make insulting, general comments about the fans as people. What we post is searchable on the web and isn't limited to our board. Keep that in mind before posting.

From the HF site rules:

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole intent of starting a dispute. Please note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling. Please keep it civil even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that these are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Copying posts from one HFBoard forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling/flaming as well. Wishing injury/illness on anyone (players, members, etc.) will be regarded as trolling/offensive in most cases.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
kuznetsov-nassau-607x405.jpg

Nassau Coliseum, property of Evgeny Kuznetsov.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
used to not feel much emotion playing the isles

but they have been a good team for what ? 2 years in a row now

starting to like them a lot less :rant:

WIN

OVs Gold Chain*

Surprised they aren't icing Boulton for this one considering they signed him solely to fight Tom Wilson. Such a joke of an organization.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They're still mad at TWil for that hit. They should take a few dumb penalties or two.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hoping for a shutout as well. The "Yes, Yes, Yes!" garbage is third on my list of most hated fan chants/cheers. Second would be the NYR goal celebration. First is every team that chants Seven Nation Army. Mute-worthy.

OVs Gold Chain*

Hoping for a shutout as well. The "Yes, Yes, Yes!" garbage is third on my list of most hated fan chants/cheers. Second would be the NYR goal celebration. First is every team that chants Seven Nation Army. Mute-worthy.

And of course it isn't even original. Leave it to NYI fans to adopt some whiskey-tango wrestling chant as their goal celebration

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
So much hate on the Isles board :laugh:

It's funny that they bring up 'no cups in 40 years' when they themselves have no cups in over 30 years lol.

Plus, they still think the Wilson hit is dirty and that he still has to answer for what he did, conveniently forgetting that he fought Anders Lee in Game 6.

Enjoy 30 more years of futility, Isles fans!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
A curious Isles fan asking if A.Ness is playing tonight?

With Carlson and Orpik still out, I think the answer is yes.
The big question is, who plays on the 4th line to replace the suspended Sill? We have reached the max roster space by signing Richards yesterday. Can we send down Sill and call up Stephenson or someone else?

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
So much hate on the Isles board :laugh:

It's funny that they bring up 'no cups in 40 years' when they themselves have no cups in over 30 years lol.

Plus, they still think the Wilson hit is dirty and that he still has to answer for what he did, conveniently forgetting that he fought Anders Lee in Game 6.

Enjoy 30 more years of futility, Isles fans!

take a look at the posts above you....seems there is hate on both boards, with a slight edge to this one...here is to a good, clean game tonight

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
As a fan of a few teams who are still trading on their past glory (Liverpool, Washington Football team, Orioles, etc), Isles fans are a salty bunch aren't they?

They haven't been relevant since the 80s and were just as likely to end up in Kansas City as stay in NY for a long time.

Sure, they're decent, and I hate them way less than I do the Pens, Rangers, Flyers, Bruins and heck even the Devils, but in all probability a large majority of their fan base wasn't even out of diapers when they actually won a cup.

Sure, the Caps have had a ton of playoff failure in their history, but lets talk about the here and now.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
take a look at the posts above you....seems there is hate on both boards, with a slight edge to this one...here is to a good, clean game tonight

The truth is, we're both extremely salty for different reasons, lack of playoff success and the playoffs last year.

I'll be honest with you, I hate the Isles as much as the Rags and the Pens now. The two teams are clearly big rivals now.
Would be cool to meet again in the playoffs.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I think a lot of the hate stems from the fact that we don't take them too seriously and consider the Rangers to be bigger rivals. Just
another way the Rangers overshadow them, and they HATE being overshadowed by the Rangers.

OVs Gold Chain*

I love how NYI fans are still whining about Wilson "answering the code" for his clean hit. Uhhh, news flash losers.. He fought the first guy who came after him and whooped his ass.

Is it Wilson's fault Clutterbuck and Martin were scared to take him on? I felt bad for Lee but at least he had the stones to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad