Thank you, Scott Hartnell

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Harts is a class act and in my view a prototypical Flyer through and through ! He is one of those type players that was never blessed with great skating skills etc, but he certainly made up for it with guts, courage and heart ! Back in the 70s he would of been much more appreciated in Philly than he was in these time's of a much more feminized fan base who seem to favor the sexy skater types over the tough, physical type players that made the Flyers back in the day............Harts in my view is a Flyers LEGEND !Wish him nothing but the best in Columbus !

Lol. Pardon me for not giving a **** about a mentality that existed 10-15 years before I was born.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Harts is a class act and in my view a prototypical Flyer through and through ! He is one of those type players that was never blessed with great skating skills etc, but he certainly made up for it with guts, courage and heart ! Back in the 70s he would of been much more appreciated in Philly than he was in these time's of a much more feminized fan base who seem to favor the sexy skater types over the tough, physical type players that made the Flyers back in the day............Harts in my view is a Flyers LEGEND !Wish him nothing but the best in Columbus !

Feminized fan base, eh?

Look at all those Broad Street Bullies of the 70s, NOT hit people.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
Exactly.
He was part of the 3 best Flyers lines since Forsberg-Gagne-Knuble (Hartnell - Carter - Lupul, Hartnell -Briere - Leino, Hartnell - Giroux - Jagr). I cannot recall a better line in the last 5 years, that does not include Hartnell. And the only LW that can score 30+ goals in our current roster.
Also he was one of the reasons for Simmer PP successes. It will be interesting to see how Simmer alone in front of the net will do.
And now we replaced him with 150K cheaper 3-rd liner.
I really do not like the trade, and wish him all the best.

He is replaced by B Schenn, Umberger is just what came back in the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad