Former Bruins Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
As a Krejci fanboy there's one thing I'm hopeful for and that once he gets some time to play back home he realizes how much he misses NHL hockey and comes back because I really think there's a lot more mileage left in him than some other folks here (who aren't the fanboys some of us are). One the other hand I'm sad/disappointed that we might never get a chance to send him out with the standing/rousing ovation he deserves for being one of the best players of certainly my lifetime! (a fan since '84)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
But he says he will be back in the Gardens soon,I don’t think we can rule him coming back this season after he is done his season in the Czech,depending when that is obviously.

Reactions: Gordoff

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Bruins need to blow it the f*** up, total fire sale. This team is going NOWHERE without Krejci. Probably weren't with him either, which no doubt factored into his choice to bolt. He would have stayed if he thought the Bruins had a legit shot at another cup.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
So if Sweeney offered a better package, Buffalo says no because of Hall trade?? That’s business savvy? Your logic makes zero sense

he’d have to offer a massive overpayment, robbing Peter to pay Paul. Do me a favor since this is a Krejci thread - quote my post, bring it over to the off season trade thread, and reply with what you think Buffalo would have accepted

Reactions: UrsusArctos

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'll always love Krejci and he'll go down as one of the greats in Boston.

But I have to scratch my head about the timing of all this.
Did Sweeney really not know what DK would decide when the free agency period opened? Or did DK really not make up his mind until the last few days, after it opened? In which case, could he have not made his decision a little sooner for the good of the team, so they could target a 2C?

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
OK, I prepared myself and read the statement from Krejci. Still very upset, but happy for him...and technically he didn't retire...and technically he said he would be back at TD Garden. Soooooooo?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins need to blow it the f*** up, total fire sale. This team is going NOWHERE without Krejci. Probably weren't with him either, which no doubt factored into his choice to bolt. He would have stayed if he thought the Bruins had a legit shot at another cup.
GET A GRIP and this thread is a Krecji appreciation thread not a I quit on my team already thread.Hopefully mods move this post and yours.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Makes me sad but I understand wanting to do what’s right for his family. Wish he would have giving it one more season, but I respect his decision.

Reactions: MrazeksVengeance

323 Krejci 7

Dec 29, 2010
Goodbye sweet prince. Guy always showed up huge in the playoffs … even if he was frustrating for a stretch during regular seasons games you knew he was going to show out in playoff runs.

Reactions: UrsusArctos

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
he’d have to offer a massive overpayment, robbing Peter to pay Paul. Do me a favor since this is a Krejci thread - quote my post, bring it over to the off season trade thread, and reply with what you think Buffalo would have accepted
You’re completely speculating & passing it off as fact. Nobody knows for certain what happened/ didn’t happen, but considering that Buffalo traded Reinhart within the division, and considering the package FL sent, it fair to suggest had Sweeney wanted Reinhart a Bruin, he could’ve bested that package. You’re speculating they’d be petty and decline a trade because Hall used his NTC to his advantage. Which theory sounds more far fetched?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Bro.. they just signed a bunch of vets... not going to blow it up. Cmon now

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dude, why not go for it one more time? We finally got you a winger. C'mon man.

yeah…..it sucks.
But like I said earlier he has been signaling this for awhile. He also publicly had a difficult time deciding on playing in a bubble because of his family.
My uninformed guess is that worldwide things of the past 18 months may also been a piece of the puzzle.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I really don’t think that’s why, because with him they *did* have another legit shot at the cup. I think for Krejci, family and his experience is worth more than another cup or more money tbh. He wanted to go home, not do another 82 game grind not near his family. Pretty simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad