Proposal: Thank you Alfie avatars and Signatures

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I think we should all use them. Alfie is, and will always be, the embodiment of what it means to be a Senator. He was there through our first build, through our time as a contender, and he laid the foundations for this build. He gave up part of his salary for us, and turned down bigger deals to stay with us. He was a leader on the ice, and a leader in the dressing room. He has scored more goals, assists, then points than anyone else in team history, and also scored the biggest goal in team history. Some of you may be angry at him for leaving, and I understand how you feel. I am angry, and upset too. However, he has done more then anyone ever could for this team, and has earned the right to do what he thinks best, and even if we don't agree we should support him like he did for 17 years with this franchise. Regardless of what happens in the future, Alfie is and will always be the greatest Ottawa Senator of all time. I will wish him well in Detroit, have crazy dreams about him coming back at the trade deadline, but most of all be just as thankful for all that he has done for us.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I think we should all use them. Alfie is, and will always be, the embodiment of what it means to be a Senator. He was there through our first build, through our time as a contender, and he laid the foundations for this build. He gave up part of his salary for us, and turned down bigger deals to stay with us. He was a leader on the ice, and a leader in the dressing room. He has scored more goals, assists, then points than anyone else in team history, and also scored the biggest goal in team history. Some of you may be angry at him for leaving, and I understand how you feel. I am angry, and upset too. However, he has done more then anyone ever could for this team, and has earned the right to do what he thinks best, and even if we don't agree we should support him like he did for 17 years with this franchise. Regardless of what happens in the future, Alfie is and will always be the greatest Ottawa Senator of all time. I will wish him well in Detroit, have crazy dreams about him coming back at the trade deadline, but most of all be just as thankful for all that he has done for us.

Me Guy hope so too.

Solid post. Alfie is within his rights. The whole thing has a Bryden-era feel to it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Didn't he also hold out for a new contract (while already being under contract), shoot a puck at someone in the SCF? You're taking all the good and none of the bad in your description.

Yeah there will be no Alfie avatar or signature from me. He chose to move on, have fun - I don't want him back as a player, as a scout, coach, executive, manager, whatever.

johnunit

Aug 16, 2007
Winnipeg
600full-ratboy-screenshot.jpg

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Thank you Alfie!

There is only one thing to say.

Thank you Alfie!

Greatest Senator ever!

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
He has been our franchise player and a fan favourite for many years. And he made a lot of sacrifices to help this team.

And now many are mad because we couldnt sign him and trade him for a 2nd rounder or something? We would have been ok if we coulda traded him to a contender? He owes us that even though he said, as many players say, they dont want to be parachuted in as a mercenary to a playoff team?

Doesnt sound like heart felt love as much as selfishness.

Good luck alfie. Greatest Senator eva. Number will be retired in the rafters once fans get over the initial shock.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Pissed about what happened today. That being said Alfredsson was my favourite player on this team and he'll be missed. Good luck in Detroit sir.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
EM wtf ,you cant know how much f$%^ken grief you have caused this city .Do us a favor and stay in Barbado,s for a long while:rant:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Thanks Alfie!

Disappointed it ended this way, but you're the greatest Senator of all time. Can't wait to see your jersey on the rafters.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
THANKS ALFIE! I remember when he was first named captain. We wouldn't be here without you, and you wouldn't be leaving if we won a cup in our haydays. Right now the Sens > Alfie > other stuff.

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
Good luck in Detroit Alfie. I really hope those that are angry remember all of the years he dedicated himself to our team, taking us to the Finals. No one should hold this against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad