Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I don’t think your math is adding up right...

4m wider x 5 meters longer = 20 sq.m?

Edit: I'm dumb. TFC field is 8,510 sq.m and Citi field is 7,700 sq.m. 810 sq.m or 8,719 sq.ft difference.

Double edit: the Toronto sun for using meters and yards in the same sentance in a size comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Amazing team defense there at the end. Mavinga's best game of the year imo. Love this team, on to the next one a week today!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
It sounded like the F bomb but I was a little unsure as he seemed so flippant about it....saying it like it belonged in each sentence.

Thrilled Laryea is with TFC and is also Canadian...can he solve the RB issue for both club and country?

Reactions: Pilky01

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ya I think it was probably the accent and whatever he said. Even though the reporter apologized lol

I'm pretty sure he did swear.

Thing is, when you're speaking a language you're still learning more of, you pick up on things your friends (and teammates) say and emulate them. Learning the difference between "casual" talk and "serious" talk (like a live TV interview) is one of the last things you get familiar with when you're learning a new language. You're just trying to pick up on as many words and phrases as possible.

It's probably no big deal to him because it's something him and his teammates say a hundred times in the locker room or out in private functions. But he doesn't know it is a big deal in a live TV interview.

Reactions: Kurtz

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What a win!!!

Delgado had a tough night. Thought this might have been one of the best defensive efforts of the season. NYCFC put all it on the pitch in the 2nd half; great victory.

Fun team to watch now that they have their shit together!

Reactions: robertmac43

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Here's hoping everyone is healthy for the conference final. Will be a tough match for sure - Atlanta in particular is quite the atmosphere. Plenty of experience to deal with it though

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Pulling hard for Philly tonight. Going into Atlanta for a conference final would be an extremely, extremely big ask.

I love all the potential Cup Final matchups. Either LA team would be nice because of the weather, but also a rubber match in Seattle would be pretty epic.

And I have to LOL at the dumb fans I see (mostly on reddit) who have been calling for Vanney's head over the last two seasons. I know they're largely just children with a very undeveloped sense of perspective, but its still annoying to see.

Good that these guys get a week off too. Get some energy back and keep working on Jozy!

Jozy just posted on Instagram with the caption "see you in the final" or something like that. I know its looking into things maybe a bit much but sounds like he isn't really confident he can play in one week.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Pulling hard for Philly tonight. Going into Atlanta for a conference final would be an extremely, extremely big ask.

I love all the potential Cup Final matchups. Either LA team would be nice because of the weather, but also a rubber match in Seattle would be pretty epic.

And I have to LOL at the dumb fans I see (mostly on reddit) who have been calling for Vanney's head over the last two seasons. I know they're largely just children with a very undeveloped sense of perspective, but its still annoying to see.

Jozy just posted on Instagram with the caption "see you in the final" or something like that. I know its looking into things maybe a bit much but sounds like he isn't really confident he can play in one week.

Unless he means conference finals;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad