Toronto FC: TFC Discussion Thread - MLS Cup FINAL Nov 10 3PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
In 2016 MLS finals, Toronto was way better then Seattle, but Seattle won the MLS cup. This game was a bit like that, we weren’t better but we just got the result

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Remember the Mo Johnston era. Remmeber the 600 minute goal drought. Remember getting destroyed @ NYRB ruining our first playoff chance.

We were the shittest of the shit. But it was fun in a weird way. But it eventually turned around.

If Toronto FC can turn it around from that hot mess, the Leafs can, too. Just roll with it.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Lol it’s at 3 on a Sunday. What a dumb move by the league. NFL is king and this won’t even be a blip on the radar Sunday.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The TFC very quietly have been very successful this year. I'm a very casual fan and the last 2 years have followed them through the media, I guess the media have been quiet until the last couple of weeks.

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
The TFC very quietly have been very successful this year. I'm a very casual fan and the last 2 years have followed them through the media, I guess the media have been quiet until the last couple of weeks.

It's interesting how little coverage they get overall. Most don't really realize how significant MLS has gotten. I mean, just look at Atlanta as an example, where they average over 50,000 per game. Over time that'll change. I sympathise that it's tough to cover sports when you don't have as much in house expertise.

Reactions: MyBudJT

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
Lol it’s at 3 on a Sunday. What a dumb move by the league. NFL is king and this won’t even be a blip on the radar Sunday.

Lol

This rubber match final is something out of a movie.

Unbelievable.

Let people watch NFLand worry about who they gambled on. This final is way beyond that. I feel sorry for people who don't grasp it. Oh well. Their loss.

COYR.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Not really caring who or how many watch the final.

I’ve been in the RPB since the beginning. Marched to the stadium. Hit the road. Had chats with coaches like Preki and Mariner. Dealt with MLSE and the Marlies’ “Ransome” Pack... ticket price hikes... protest and roll back.

I plan to put on an old jersey with Serioux on the back, have a few beers and enjoy the game.

If someone doesn’t get it... they don’t get it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Starting to feel the nervous set in! I got a feeling this tea, has a little bit more magic in them !

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Not really caring who or how many watch the final.

I’ve been in the RPB since the beginning. Marched to the stadium. Hit the road. Had chats with coaches like Preki and Mariner. Dealt with MLSE and the Marlies’ “Ransome” Pack... ticket price hikes... protest and roll back.

I plan to put on an old jersey with Serioux on the back, have a few beers and enjoy the game.

If someone doesn’t get it... they don’t get it.

You might not care how many people watch.. but the league does, and playing it on a Sunday is a fireable offense.

Nothing comes close to competing with the NFL. Enjoy the garbage MLS product.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
You might not care how many people watch.. but the league does, and playing it on a Sunday is a fireable offense.

The game is sold out and there will be a ton of people watching, America is not all american football fans. Big immigrant populations that will be focusing in on the footie.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

The league is one of the most profitable leagues in the business.

It’s a single entity league, meaning the league is the owner.

Cost controls... did you know that players (outside of designated players) actually sign with and are paid by the league?... keep the business profitable.

TFC and all MLS clubs are not independent franchises. MLSE bought a “share” of MLS.

Included in this is a share of the revenue from SUM (Soccer United Marketing) which has the broadcast rights to the US national Teams... well let’s be factual... to ALL soccer that happens in America. When Mexico plays the US... MLS and their investors get a cut. Man United on Tour? MLS gets a cut.

TFC had a $10M expansion fee. 10 years later... it was $150M.

You can try to take a jab at soccer all you want. MLS is a solid league financially and ratings for this game will impact the value about as much as your post did for this thread.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The game is sold out and there will be a ton of people watching, America is not all american football fans. Big immigrant populations that will be focusing in on the footie.

It really doesn’t matter. See my post above.

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
The lowest of the lows has all been worth it. I'm so happy with this team.

600 minute goal drought snapped by Canizalez, we still lost but we were happy.

Finishing rock bottom with Dichio scoring the wonder goal to tie the last game of the season in added time that meant nothing followed by a pitch invasion.

Andy Welsh scoring against Houston in the rain.

From Laurent Robert all the way to Defoe... it never worked but it was still a party.

My f*ck how far they've come.

Everybody saying we will lose. Whatever. Nothing we can't rebound from. I like being the underdogs.

I like MLSTV has picked us to lose every game this postseason... Wrong every time.

COYR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurtz and Pookie

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
The lowest of the lows has all been worth it. I'm so happy with this team.

600 minute goal drought snapped by Canizalez, we still lost but we were happy.

Finishing rock bottom with Dichio scoring the wonder goal to tie the last game of the season in added time that meant nothing followed by a pitch invasion.

Andy Welsh scoring against Houston in the rain.

From Laurent Robert all the way to Defoe... it never worked but it was still a party.

My f*ck how far they've come.

Everybody saying we will lose. Whatever. Nothing we can't rebound from. I like being the underdogs.

I like MLSTV has picked us to lose every game this postseason... Wrong every time.

COYR.
Don't forget the legend himself Andrea Lombardo.

Reactions: RoryDelap

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009

Paragraph two you say it's a garbage product, but then you think others should listen to when you think it should be scheduled. You don't understand the appeal and that's fine, but I get the impression any number of facts could be thrown your way and that wouldn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad