Texas Stars 2016/2017

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
What the hell is going on with Ully? Is he hurt or is there some reason the scrubs are getting ice time with him in the press box?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah saw that too . I would imagine he's injured anything else would make absolutely no sense.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
What the hell is going on with Ully? Is he hurt or is there some reason the scrubs are getting ice time with him in the press box?

He's been injured for a while now.

Unfortunately, I don't have any specifics.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That at least makes me feel better. It sucks that he's injured in a year where he could get some really good ice time and make his mark but at least it's not something off the ice or in the coach's doghouse.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
C1c4yoMVEAE5prx.jpg

C1hgKGZUkAAS8DO.jpg

texas stars unis for tn

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ully back again as well.

Couple of the forwards should / will make the team next year. Ellie , Dickinson , Ully , Gurianov maybe Smith all should get a shot.

And yes those are some really cool jerseys.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Stars should look to move on from all of Legace, Kiviaho and Peters.

Bow as the backup, keep Desrosiers in the ECHL. Try to trade for a decent goalie prospect to use as the starter.

Trade Dickinson for Blackwood or something along those lines.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
You're quite welcome.

Texas is a fascinating team. I went in this season skeptical of Laxdal - his blind spot for Stevenson and general roster management is downright Ruff-ian.

But I think it's no coincidence that all of the forwards have looked extremely competent in their tenure in Dallas. He runs a solid system, though he's hardly perfect. I'm assuming Bayreuther-Heatherington, and Nyberg-Bystrom is their top four by midseason.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sucks to here DeFazio is out, headed to the KHL. Worse to hear Stransky could be following him over there as well, but I don't blame him.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
To become an UFA, you have to be 27 years old on July 1st or have 7 accrued seasons. Based on the expansion draft rules, I'm guessing any year in a Euro league over the age of 20 likely counts. The only reason this matters is because Stransky's birthday comes after July 1st.

I'm about 90% sure, even though he'll have 4 accrued pro seasons in North America, Dallas would lose his rights on July 1st, 2020, assuming he plays 3 years in Europe.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Losing Stransky would a huge loss to Texas. I never understood why Dallas was calling up guys like Smith, Elie, Gurianov (which I'm cool with), Dowling, Dickinson, and Shore but not Texas' leading goal scorer. Especially with the sandblasted crater that is right wing. He's improved a lot since last year too. It would suck to see him poached from the K given how much Texas needs goal scorers (especially with Ully dropping the ball).

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
keep Desrosiers in the ECHL

Then just trade Desrosiers. Keeping any NHL-owned prospect in the ECHL is as good as wasting an asset. If he's only as good as the ECHL for his third year of pro hockey, it's time to part ways.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Some AHL news from Shaprio:

Nothing is done with Stransky. He's had European offers the last 2 years so it's not a surprise to see him getting those offers now. My two cents though, after back to back 20+ goal AHL seasons, he's going to get better money, probably much better money, offers than before. I hope he stays, but I'm not exactly counting on it.

Bystrom will likely not re-sign with Dallas. He has a kid on the way, and Shapiro thinks he's heading home.
http://www.wrongsideoftheredline.com/2017/06/stars-mailbag-too-quiet-on-the-movement-front-russian-mentors-and-setting-goalie-market/

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Sucks about hear about Bystrom. He was saddled with Dustin Stevenson playing his offside all year but at his best he's an Anton Stralman starter kit - brilliant skater, uses it defensively, and exits the zone quick. Watching Bystrom emphasizes how much talent is lost at the NHL level to arbitrary roster depth (by all means, convince me he couldn't do better than Oleksiak, Nemeth, or Pateryn). Ugh.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So .... looks like Shapiro might have been premature about Bystrom being done in Texas/Dallas.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Thank the gods. Bystrom is a quality defenseman. Might not ever get coffee and chicken fingers in Dallas, but he's higher quality than most of Dallas' overrated prospects and should be a top four in Cedar Park this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad