Ellie - Dowling - Cracknell
XXX - Smith - Troock

Backman - Honka
Ebert - Hansonn
Bystrom - Stevenson
Martenet- bodnarchuk

Lagace
Desro

No clue who plays out of position or what side the D play lol. Just took a wild guess

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I honesty have no idea

Ranford - Morin - Stransky
Ully - Dickinson - Gurianov
Ellie - Dowling - Cracknell
XXX - Smith - Troock

Backman - Honka
Ebert - Hansonn
Bystrom - Stevenson
Martenet- bodnarchuk

Lagace
Desro

No clue who plays out of position or what side the D play lol. Just took a wild guess

Shore on the big club? I think Ebert plays right d and that Hansson will be playing in Sweden this year. That's all I can contribute otherwise I dunno

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Shore on the big club? I think Ebert plays right d and that Hansson will be playing in Sweden this year. That's all I can contribute otherwise I dunno

I'm thinking Shore makes it, but who knows. Yeah I didn't feel like looking up which D play which side lol

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Shore isn't going to be in the NHL, he needs to play big minutes especially since he lost a big chunk last season to that shoulder injury. He'd be on the 4th line at best and that would require him to beat Eaves for a spot. McKenzie and Cracknell are ideally suited to sit in the press box and outside of a handful of games we'll leave Dickinson and Shore in the AHL.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I really liked Brandon Anselmini in junior, he's really mobile, has a nice shot from the point, and plays physically. I realize he's likely a depth signing for Texas, but he might be a guy who can surprise people.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Gurianov with only 1 point in 8 games...

What is going on with him?

On the positive side, Honka and Ully are both tearing it up...

Honka: 8GP 3G 6A 9PTS

Ully: 8GP 4G 4A 8PTS

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Gurianov with only 1 point in 8 games...

What is going on with him?

On the positive side, Honka and Ully are both tearing it up...

Honka: 8GP 3G 6A 9PTS

Ully: 8GP 4G 4A 8PTS

Well, they have him on a fourth line with a guy who splits time at defense as his center and some guy ive never heard of on the other wing, it might be awhile before he gets more ice time hell this is really the first year Stransky is off the 3rd or 4th lines

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Stransky and Ully are the real deal to me. Finally getting good ice time on a mediocre team filled with journeymen and scrubs and they're performing. Same with Honka who's become a beast.

Anyone know when Dickinson is due back?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Well, they have him on a fourth line with a guy who splits time at defense as his center and some guy ive never heard of on the other wing, it might be awhile before he gets more ice time hell this is really the first year Stransky is off the 3rd or 4th lines

It's still concerning to me...

He's got too much ability to be held basically pointless through 8 games in the AHL...under any circumstances.

Perhaps he's hurt too.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's still concerning to me...

He's got too much ability to be held basically pointless through 8 games in the AHL...under any circumstances.

Perhaps he's hurt too.

Based on what? Last year in a similar role in a similar league he put up similar results.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Based on what? Last year in a similar role in a similar league he put up similar results.

Perhaps you are correct...maybe this it serves to bolster my disappointment that we didn't take Barzal or Konecny. I also had Beauvillier ahead of Gurianov as well on my list.

The questionable 1st Round picks continue unabashed...

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Less than 10 games into Gurya's first year in North America... New continent/language/culture/food...

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
A little update...

I watched the game this week against Tuscon and saw a lot of things I really liked.

Gurianov - The most noticeable forward on the ice with flashes of dominant speed. He can just blow by the defense when he wants to. Didn't get big minutes...decent minutes, but given what I saw from him, he should be out there more. In nearly a full 5-minute 3-on-3 OT, he stayed on the bench. Couldn't tell you why.

Honka - His game is obviously progressing. Has taken on a much bigger role in the absence of Lindell. Quarterbacking the PP, had a really nice puck rush or two. He was very scrappy out there tonight. Threw a hip check. Got into it with a few players and was jawing at one of them in the box. You know I love that stuff. His defensive awareness and decision-making is much like Klingberg's. Made one REALLY bad pass in the D-Zone resulting in a turnover and a dangerous scoring chance for the Roadrunners late in the 3rd period when tied. He's really something to watch, but has you facepalming with his play in the D-Zone at times. Klingberg all over again. Do we really want to double that fun on the big club??...Can we afford to? I will watch the game tonight to see if it is more of the same.

Dickinson - What a first game back! Game winning goal late in OT on a beautiful shot over the goalie's shoulder. I was noticing his release. It is impressive. He also had a scrap. 1 assist shy of a Gordie Howe Hatrick. His doesn't have the explosiveness of Shore in his footspeed, but his speed is good and his overall game is something I admire. Didn't see any PK duty tonight out of him, but I'm sure that will come as he re-enters the fray.

Stransky - I've had my eye on him for years. If this game is any indication of his progression, he's going to get a shot with the big club this season. His skating was at one time ragged on. I see no deficiencies there. Good puck skills. Good shot. Scored a goal and was very involved.

Ully - Looking better. Not as impactful as Dickinson or Stransky out there, but there is definitely potential. Quick.

Backman - Didn't notice him much for anything bad. Didn't stand out for anything good.

Bystrom - The usual...he's out there.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Guryanov scored his first goal tonight and gave a fun interview :)

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Guryanov scored his first goal tonight and gave a fun interview :)

I like him, but I honestly don't see him having much of a future here. 1 goal in 12 games, the only league he has produced in so far is the KHL minors. He's not a defense talent like Faksa, so I'm not sure what he is.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I like him, but I honestly don't see him having much of a future here. 1 goal in 12 games, the only league he has produced in so far is the KHL minors. He's not a defense talent like Faksa, so I'm not sure what he is.

He's 19 years old. Relax.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Faksa looked like a bust until last year. Lets give Guryanov some time he just played 11 AHL games so far after coming over from Russia at 19 where he basically played enforcer minutes for a whole year .

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
I see Honka got a pair of unsportsmanlikes in the third against San Jose. Which seemed to be the turning point cause SJ scored four times during and after the PP. What was his beef?

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Backman hurt BADLY in last game blocking a shot. Put zero weight on his leg when being helped off by several players.

Looks like a broken leg to me.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Texas Stars Observations

For the last 3 games, here are my player-by-player observations:

Ully - Hurt? MIA

Gurianov - really does a lot of the little things, that you wouldn't typically expect from a Russian forward. This is no Val Nichushkin. He back checks, blocks shots, plays the body. His shot is hard and difficult to control. His skating allows him to burst around the D.

Stevenson - I don't know if this guy is signed or not. If he isn't, he could be a good depth signing for us. 27 years old. 6'5, 215...mean, physical, seems pretty sound defensively. Even got a goal the other night. Fights.

Honka - One of the best puck-rushing Dmen I've ever seen. He looks like he has no where to go, and then he goes around and squirts through 3 opposing players...literally. He did that. More comfortable, more scrappy, and more dynamic than ever offensively. The most exciting player on the team at this point...AINEC. On the flip-side, In the past few games he had 1 or 2 bad D-Zone turnovers, that led to goals.

13GP 3G 7A 10PTS 37PIMs

Ranford - He returns to the lineup, and it instantly noticed. He makes skilled plays, goes to the net, and skates well. 6 points in 7 games this year.

Backman - Looks like he broke his leg in the last game blocking a shot.

Ebert - The next best puck-rushing D after Honka is Ebert...distant 2nd. I noticed a pretty impressive end-to-end puck rush from him. Good footspeed.

Elie - Looking better. As always, tons of effort. Good wheels. Had a nice assist in the last game. Doesn't have a lot of finish in his game.

Stranky - It's all about puck protection and puck handling with him. In the last game he had a slick double toe drag around 2 D. Leads the team in Goals (6) and Points (12).

Werek
- Another guy who I don't think is signed. Speedy, good offensive instincts, took an instigator to stick up for Backman after a predatory hit. I like him.

Dickinson - not as impactful after his 1st game returning from injury. Still looks solid in all 3 zones, but I'm disappointed with his skill game in the past few games here. His skating is good and looks effortless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad