NFL: Texans fire Bill O'Brien

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Anyone who loses to Minnesota should be fired on the spot. Let Crennel stay on for the season. Guaranteed 1st overall pick.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well deserved

I figured he would get thru this year at least but I guess its gotten so bad

I wonder if he lost locker room with the trades especially Hopkins

I never really understood why he was given so much power in Houston and became both GM/Coach

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So you name the guy the GM, let him do nearly irreparable damage to the roster and THEN you finally decide its time for him to go? Why was he not fired after that debacle in Kansas City last year? Why was he allowed to make such awful trades?

This is why the Texans were and will continue to be a joke franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniCube

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
So you name the guy the GM, let him do nearly irreparable damage to the roster and THEN you finally decide its time for him to go? Why was he not fired after that debacle in Kansas City last year? Why was he allowed to make such awful trades?

This is why the Texans were and will continue to be a joke franchise.
I think they just gave him more rope , as he probably felt he didn't have enough control to fix things. Once given control to "fix" things he was out of his depth and proved inept.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Wow, im really shocked that a guy who trades 1st rounds pick like they are nothing is out of a job, while simultaneously getting dog crap returns for all-pro's.

late 3rd round pick for Clowney
2nd round pick for hopkins

Reactions: OmniCube

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They tried hiring Caserio from the Patriots last June. They got charged with tampering so they made him gm instead.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I think they just gave him more rope , as he probably felt he didn't have enough control to fix things. Once given control to "fix" things he was out of his depth and proved inept.
The man is textbook Peter principle. The thing is that he proved inept long before they decided that giving him more power would magically make him more competent and that is on ownership.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Im not sure if he he wants to be a headcoach again, but Id think about bringing Kubiak back. He would do wonders with Deshaun. Definitely take him over McDaniels.

member 157595

Hire a GM with a good pedigree. Give him a long term deal (No one will take the job otherwise) to properly rebuild.

I'm with you, though not sure Watson wants to be part of a rebuild.

Use a cheap, desperate stopgap HC. Say, Adam gase?

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad