WGR: Terry Pegula on WGR today

Clock

May 13, 2006
It's frickin 30 bucks.

You are owed nothing!

I get the logic from both sides. But as an STH, I felt it was pretty tacky.

Stoked about the potential of getting the stadium downtown.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The way I look at it: this would be a just reward for the people who have supported us with their $$$ through numerous seasons of terrible hockey. If they can make a buck I can live with it. Also they could've given people on the wait list first crack. And if you really need to charge give STH's first crack on their seat (or an alternate if theirs isn't available).

The NHL is way different than it was for drafts back when the Sabres hosted it before. How many fans back then knew a lot about prospects without the mainstream internet coverage? I would bet like 5% had even half the knowledge over 50% of fans have nowadays. Clearly you don't charge for the draft when its in South Beach, but Buffalo? Market which is a couple hour drive from the largest hockey market which coincidentally has the 1st overall pick? They didn't charge enough IMO. Capitalism is a wonderful thing. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Terry has always struck me as an extremely sincere guy who thought or hoped that this process was going to be easier or at least less painful than it was. Maybe at times that manifested in oversimplified strategies - go buy the best guy who'll say yes, etc.

But he'll be an easy owner to like when winning comes around.
Agreed. I really enjoy listening to Terry because he does seem completely honest and genuine. I hope he's evolved since the big spender talk he did when he first arrived... it's not that easy, and has been proven as not a great way to win. You need to be thinking ahead of your competition, not just buy the guy who had the most success and/or is popular with your fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad