WGR: Terry Pegula on WGR today

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
6-22: TERRY PEGULA ON WGR (20:54)
PEGULA: "Our attitude is to do whatever it takes to get better, we're not opposed to going after free agents."

PEGULA: "What we've done the last several years, moving people out, we're a young team right now. We have to protect that chemistry."

PEGULA: "If I need to get involved, or Tim asks me, or maybe I'll offer my help to him."

PEGULA: "You know Tim, he never gets excited. It will be exciting because he's not afraid to make deals. You never know what can happen."

PEGULA: "We sold tickets to the draft, the league recommended against that. But it worked because of our fans."

PEGULA: "To date HARBORCENTER is accomplishing everything that we've envisioned. Part of the dream is kids from the world playing here."

PEGULA: "The feeling of accomplishment has to come from all the people and workers who are in the building. I give them a lot of applause."

PEGULA: "It's been 5 years right? Time to start winning."

PEGULA: "I'm still excited about it. I'm still a fan. Sometimes it feels like work, sometimes it doesn't."

PEGULA: "Standing on the football field for the first game. Ralph had been here for 62 years. How do you do that?"

PEGULA: "The NFL and NHL are different. Obviously the NFL is bigger in the country than the NHL. Even though in my eyes they're similar."

PEGULA: "It's discussed. Do you have a plan to build a stadium? We're a different market than LA"

PEGULA: "Other owners think we need a new stadium. Our stadium is one of the oldest in the league."

PEGULA: "It's so early in our ownership that our preference for a downtown stadium vs. Orchard Park is not existent.

PEGULA: "Priority 1 is winning a championship or multiple championships. That'd be nice."

PEGULA: "Our fans have to have faith. Crazy stuff can happen." In regard to the Caviliers winning a championship.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The league recommended the Sabres should not sell tickets to fans for the draft? What!?!?

If you ever need the best directions to the wrong thing to do or how to leave money on the table...just call the NHL

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Drafts are almost always free. This is one of the few years to charge for the draft. But **** Leafs fans.

GoPre

Jun 20, 2016
USA
Drafts are almost always free. This is one of the few years to charge for the draft. But **** Leafs fans.

Exactly! A good amount of Leaf fans would've came anyway, but after winning the lottery it made it to where it'd be a hard ticket to buy. Oh, and **** the Leafs!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Exactly! A good amount of Leaf fans would've came anyway, but after winning the lottery it made it to where it'd be a hard ticket to buy. Oh, and **** the Leafs!

We decided that a cash grab was a better idea than rewarding our STH's by giving them the tickets (which is what every other host to my knowledge has done). I am not looking forward to everyone in the league going lolz when our pick gets a large share of boos in our own building thanks to all the laffs fans.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We decided that a cash grab was a better idea than rewarding our STH's by giving them the tickets (which is what every other host to my knowledge has done). I am not looking forward to everyone in the league going lolz when our pick gets a large share of boos in our own building thanks to all the laffs fans.

Why? So the STH's could turn around and score big $$ on their free tickets to Leaf fans?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Terry has always struck me as an extremely sincere guy who thought or hoped that this process was going to be easier or at least less painful than it was. Maybe at times that manifested in oversimplified strategies - go buy the best guy who'll say yes, etc.

But he'll be an easy owner to like when winning comes around. I'll be happy for him personally. Insofar as the lives of billionaires are in any sense unfortunate, it's been unfortunate that he walked into a franchise so badly needing a reconstruction even as he thought he could turn it around overnight.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Why? So the STH's could turn around and score big $$ on their free tickets to Leaf fans?
The way I look at it: this would be a just reward for the people who have supported us with their $$$ through numerous seasons of terrible hockey. If they can make a buck I can live with it. Also they could've given people on the wait list first crack. And if you really need to charge give STH's first crack on their seat (or an alternate if theirs isn't available).

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The way I look at it: this would be a just reward for the people who have supported us with their $$$ through numerous seasons of terrible hockey. If they can make a buck I can live with it. Also they could've given people on the wait list first crack. And if you really need to charge give STH's first crack on their seat (or an alternate if theirs isn't available).

It's frickin 30 bucks.

You are owed nothing!

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Exactly

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
No, that was the "Joey Lawrence Effect" felt by the '90s and another example of a homophone sabotaging spellcheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad