Terrible colour commentator moments

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
This one takes takes the cake for me. Textbook bad colour commentating.

1. Obvious terrible timing, there are times where you let moment speak for itself rather than inserting yourself into the moment, in this case almost immediately.

2. Really weird segue from the great PBP "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!" call.

3. To ice the cake, Pierre's comments, even if he had waited a few more seconds, are a really weird focus on Tavares "magical play".

Anyone have some other really bad colour commentating moments?

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
There is a YouTube video that removes Pierre’s commentary on that goal. Wow it is more upsetting when you hear it without him.

The crowd says more than anyone ever could

If anyone finds it please post

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Nothing like being there two rows behind the Russia bench (so close you could smell the hockey gear) sitting, by pure coincidence, beside Eberle's aunt. Best fan moment of my life!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nothing’s going to trump “Can you believe it!?” “I can.”

It was almost custom designed to spoil the moment.

You know how sometimes the camera crew catches the announce team in the booth?

I wish there was a shot of Gord Miller's face once Pierre, like the bumbling buffoon he is, actually answered Gord's RHETORICAL QUESTION and completely walked all over what would have been his signature call.

I have a feeling we would've seen this:

giphy.gif

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The majority of the english speaking world spells it colour. (Just sayin...)

The majority, you say?

The populations of the UK, Canada, and Australia (I know there are other English-first countries but these are the big ones) combine to about 127 million.

The population of the US is 327 million.

But I do suppose we might have different interpretations of what "English-speaking world" means. I personally interpret it as the countries where English is the (de facto) official language. Obviously, it's a pretty widely spoken 2nd/3rd language in many countries across the world; the number of speakers it has of that variety and, more importantly, the version they are exposed to more, can affect those numbers if your interpretation is broader than mine.

That being said, would that bridge a gap of 200 million people? I have my doubts.

(And, fwiw, I actually like some of the Commonwealth spellings and have added the extra "u" in colour, rumour, and such before as well. Sometimes, not always.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad