Confirmed with Link: Tennyson re-signed for two years

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Pavelski has never run the power play.

MacDonald better than Demers? lol that's a good one.

Teams know his worth and know that his contract, one way or the other, will be based on evidence proving that his contributions on the ice led to the result. They already know about what they'd pay for to get a player like Demers and it's more than a 2nd round pick, I can tell you that.
1. There is a difference between running a power play and being on point. Pavelski has played the point on the pp and did awesome. The problem is he was probably the best player up front. Although Hertl may surpass him in that area. Anyway, they guy running the pp, is typically Joe Thornton. The next best playmaker on the team is none other than Joe Pavelski. He has an awesome shot too.

Yes, MacDonald is obviously better than Demers.

I'm surprised you believe GMs are so trusting of arbitration. Seems like a naive belief to me.
No, it wouldn't. Tennyson was TERRIBLE here last season.
Really? I don't think any other defensemen was asked to do more or played more.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
1. There is a difference between running a power play and being on point. Pavelski has played the point on the pp and did awesome. The problem is he was probably the best player up front. Although Hertl may surpass him in that area. Anyway, they guy running the pp, is typically Joe Thornton. The next best playmaker on the team is none other than Joe Pavelski. He has an awesome shot too.

I'm surprised you believe GMs are so trusting of arbitration. Seems like a naive belief to me.

Really? I don't think any other defensemen was asked to do more or played more.

There is nothing about MacDonald that remotely screams that he's better than Demers.

KA was Worcester's go to guy and did admirably if I am to believe the things that 210 and stalockrox tells us.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
There is nothing about MacDonald that remotely screams that he's better than Demers.

KA was Worcester's go to guy and did admirably if I am to believe the things that 210 and stalockrox tells us.

KA wasn't really Worcester's go to guy. He was just the best d-man from January on.

He was taking on more and more as the year wound down though.

Even though I think Tennyson was trying to do way too much sometimes there was no excuse for his poor play last season.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

Well sure, except watching MacDonald play and observing the roles and situations he was put in. Other then that, nothing...

I don't think KA was asked to do as much as tennyson

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

1. What you responded to was me saying that the team has one guy that can run the PP and it was Demers. You changed the argument by moving the goal posts to now saying being on the point. You need a QB capable of bringing the play up the ice and doing zone entries. That's not Pavelski and that's not Thornton. That's going to be Demers as he is the only one capable of doing it effectively at this point.

2. I vehemently disagree. MacDonald is a decent player but he's done absolutely nothing to say that he's obviously better than Demers. Nothing.

3. The end result of an arbitration and its evidence is not solely the GM's input. And the GM isn't the one that makes the final decision. That will be an arbiter based on evidence presented by both sides. How you can even make such a one-sided argument is the real question when it comes to naivety.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well sure, except watching MacDonald play and observing the roles and situations he was put in. Other then that, nothing...

I don't think KA was asked to do as much as tennyson

A large majority of people who have watched him disagree with you when it comes to MacDonald which makes me doubt greatly your saying that you've observed the roles and situations he was put in.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
A large majority of people who have watched him disagree with you when it comes to MacDonald which makes me doubt greatly your saying that you've observed the roles and situations he was put in.

Guys at broadstreethockey, the flyers sbnation site did a pretty in depth analysis about MacDonald because most of the things about his play looks pretty decent but for some reason, every metric just shows that he's awful. One of their conclusion was that his neutral zone play was absolutely atrocious.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011

LOL... You don't know the large majority of people who have watched MacDonald play nor have you ever spoken to them.

Do you know who disagrees with the incredibly small minority of people of people who have watched MacDonald play who you may be talking about? MacDonalds coaches.

HoHo: Part of the answer to MacDonalds bad metrics is due to being over used by a poor team. In my opinion, Tennyson, had the same problem. So did Erhroff.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LOL... You don't know the large majority of people who have watched MacDonald play nor have you ever spoken to them.

Do you know who disagrees with the incredibly small minority of people of people who have watched MacDonald play who you may be talking about? MacDonalds coaches.

HoHo: Part of the answer to MacDonalds bad metrics is due to being over used by a poor team. In my opinion, Tennyson, had the same problem. So did Erhroff.

Overuse is a pretty weak excuse given the circumstances. He's just not that good which is what is implied in that type of excuse anyway. Still doesn't change the fact that MacDonald hasn't put out anything that makes him better than Demers.

Last edited by a moderator:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

MacDonald's metrics are bad even relative to his team. So that's not really the best reasoning especially when the Islanders' metrics actually got better after MacDonald was shipped out.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
And no matter how you slice it Tennyson was still terrible.
I think I could make the same argument for Yandle and Erhroff at the NHL level. I think the reality may be the four guys Tennyson played with were often far inferior to the five guys on the other side. It's too bad Tennyson couldn't carry the Woo.
MacDonald's metrics are bad even relative to his team. So that's not really the best reasoning especially when the Islanders' metrics actually got better after MacDonald was shipped out.

It's all about how the player is used. The Islanders used MacDonald more than the Hawks used Keith. Yeah, MacDonald isn't that good... When MacDonald is carrying a much heavier load, of course is metrics will suffer.

MacDonald fills a role and that role will likely not lead to super impressive metrics. He is mobile and can move the puck out efficiently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad