Confirmed with Link: Tennyson re-signed for two years

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
As Demers selected arbitration, Sharks can select 1-2 years (or up to point player would become UFA).

Which is one year in this situation. If it goes to arbitration, it's a one year reward regardless unless DW decides to walk away and let him go UFA now...which would be the stupidest thing he could do this off-season that is filled with stupid moves.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I wouldn't be terribly concerned about it. He did this with McCarthy too and it didn't do anything. Tennyson still has to earn the spot.

Oh, I'm not concerned. I think DW and Demers will agree to a 2 yr deal but the 2nd year 1-way for Tennyson makes me think DW is willing to use Demers as trade bait (not a stretch). Somehow we need that 2nd LD... Demers could be one asset.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh, I'm not concerned. I think DW and Demers will agree to a 2 yr deal but the 2nd year 1-way for Tennyson makes me think DW is willing to use Demers as trade bait (not a stretch). Somehow we need that 2nd LD... Demers could be one asset.

If he uses his only legitimate PPQB as trade bait to answer that, he's only making a hole when he fills the other. They need to add a Demers type, not swap them. But I agree it isn't a stretch.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Anything approaching a cap hit of four million would be ridiculous and DW should walk away from it.

For something that would be a one year contract with the kind of cap space they have, walking away from even 4 million would be monumentally stupid. If that's the award, that's based on comparables and should be acceptable by the team. And if it isn't, take it and then trade him at the deadline if negotiations for a long term contract don't materialize. He'll be a highly valuable commodity at the deadline.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
For something that would be a one year contract with the kind of cap space they have, walking away from even 4 million would be monumentally stupid. If that's the award, that's based on comparables and should be acceptable by the team. And if it isn't, take it and then trade him at the deadline if negotiations for a long term contract don't materialize. He'll be a highly valuable commodity at the deadline.

Nope, quit him like a bad habit. Unless DW feels he can trade him, he would be lucky to get a 2nd. I don't think anybody would want him at the moment. The future may as well start now.

I don't think there are any comparables to Demers. Lots of risk

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nope, quit him like a bad habit. Unless DW feels he can trade him, he would be lucky to get a 2nd. I don't think anybody would want him at the moment. The future may as well start now.

I don't think there are any comparables to Demers. Lots of risk

This team has one player capable of running a PP from the point and it's Demers. A righty PMD is a valued commodity in this league. When a player like MacDonald can get a 2nd and a 3rd at the deadline, someone that is more productive offensively and better defensively can at least return an equal package.

And for something like arbitration that would result in a one year contract regardless of the salary, walking away from it is absolutely the worst and dumbest thing that can be done.

I can see pretty much every playoff team wanting to spend a 2nd at least for a player like Demers. Just ask Detroit.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
This team has one player capable of running a PP from the point and it's Demers. A righty PMD is a valued commodity in this league. When a player like MacDonald can get a 2nd and a 3rd at the deadline, s

1. Pavelski could probably do as good of a job if not better on the point of a pp. He already has.

2. MacDonald is a hell of a lot better then Demers.

3. At the moment there is too much unknown for Demers. Teams will want to wait until he is signed or arbitration has concluded.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
1. Pavelski could probably do as good of a job if not better on the point of a pp. He already has.

2. MacDonald is a hell of a lot better then Demers.

3. At the moment there is too much unknown for Demers. Teams will want to wait until he is signed or arbitration has concluded.

Pavelski has never run the power play.

MacDonald better than Demers? lol that's a good one.

Teams know his worth and know that his contract, one way or the other, will be based on evidence proving that his contributions on the ice led to the result. They already know about what they'd pay for to get a player like Demers and it's more than a 2nd round pick, I can tell you that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad