OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I swear Ayton looks like he is 22 going on 42. He just looks a lot older....

Can't believe he may get a ring before Embiid. I hate sports...

Reactions: trostol

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Welcome to the Thunderdome, Danny.

Outside of Ben Simmons' future, one of the Sixers' biggest questions this offseason centers on whether or not Danny Green will return after a strong first year in Philadelphia.

Green becomes a free agent this summer, and on the newest episode of the Takeoff with John Clark podcast, Green sat down to talk about his experiences in Philly - which inevitably turned into a conversation about Simmons, and also about Sixers fans' treatment of Simmons.

Green, who has basically accomplished it all across his career and is now a veteran with very little to lose by speaking from the heart, spoke openly and honestly about how he sees Sixers fans and their relationship with Simmons - or, really, any player on the team:

"CLARK: Do you think the crowd, and Philly, can have an effect on someone like Ben in those moments?

"GREEN: For sure. It has an effect on everybody, and I think that's something that needs to change in the city. I love our fans, but when things aren't going well, they can't turn on you. That's the one thing I would disagree with or dislike. Some guys use it as motivation, some guys have a chip on their shoulder, but I think that needs to change. They need to be riding with us, regardless of how things are going.

"We're the No. 1 team in the East, still playing well, and in some games they'll boo us - that's part of the culture here, part of their way of showing they love us - but with a guy like Ben, and other guys, I think they need to stick behind them and stick by them as long as they can, until the horn blows. And even then, he's here. He's given so much to the organization and the city, on and off the court, that he deserves that respect and that support.

"I hope that thing turns for him and the city of Philly, so where they don't have that mantra as fans of being could, rough, and one of the worst in the league, because we had a great time this year, we had a great outing. When they came and allowed fans back into the building it was amazing, they had amazing energy, which we needed and I loved. I hope that changes for him, and for the city.

"[...]

"Lot of frustration over the years, I understand it. We had a golden opportunity this year, and there will be plenty for years to come with the guys you have here. But just enjoy it, love them. [...] I love our fans, but I try to throw things out there to let them know, 'Protect us, encourage us, stand by us like we stand by you, regardless of wins and losses.' We are humans and people, too. We're not zoo animals where you can throw things or be on our side when it's convenient. I love the city of Philly, and I love the fans. It's been quite an experience for me for the one year I've been here."

What the hell do they expect fans to do? Cheer them on as they blow a 26 point lead and your max-contract "star" PG shot 34% from the line? These athletes need a damn wakeup call that they're not God's gift to Earth. I'm sorry that you were patted on the back your entire life and can't handle criticism.

There's a line where fans shouldn't be assholes but this situation isn't even remotely close to where it is.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

What the hell do they expect fans to do? Cheer them on as they blow a 26 point lead and your max-contract "star" PG shot 34% from the line? These athletes need a damn wakeup call that they're not God's gift to Earth. I'm sorry that you were patted on the back your entire life and can't handle criticism.

There's a line where fans shouldn't be assholes but this situation isn't even remotely close to where it is.

Green can take a hike too.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

Another millionaire that wants to be coddled. You are paid to perform...what happened against Atlanta was grand larceny by Simmons and Green can shut his pie hole.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Simmons has hurt and continues to hurt this team on so many levels. His stock is approaching pets.com levels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad