OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wish we could have drafted somebody like that.....a transformative player. Embiid and Simmons still haven't taken that next step.....unclear when and if they will or if they can do it together...

simmons will never be that guy. The sixers had an embarrasment of riches at point and have essentially squandered it all away on nothing. ONe of the worst run organizations in basketball.

Reactions: Petr Svoboda Mullet

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
simmons will never be that guy. The sixers had an embarrasment of riches at point and have essentially squandered it all away on nothing. ONe of the worst run organizations in basketball.
I’m hard pressed to find a good decision the 76ers have made since drafting Fultz, which was an unmitigated disaster for the franchise.

Reactions: Jtown

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Wish we could have drafted somebody like that.....a transformative player. Embiid and Simmons still haven't taken that next step.....unclear when and if they will or if they can do it together...

Doncic is getting close to being legitimately in the conversation for best player in the league. When his FT and 3 pt shooting improves he’ll be something else. I mean, he already is but there are areas that he can clearly improve on. Which is scary.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So who are we thinking gets the job and who do we want to get it? I expect to read a lot of SVG for bo
Becky Hammon would be my ideal choice but I doubt she gets hired and while I believe she's got the strategic mind this team needs there are bigger issues beyond gameplanning.

Kenny Atkinson wouldnt surprise me; I could accept that.
I feel disciplinarian coaches are anathema in this sport to me usually but im warming to the idea.
The Van Gundys would have clout and experience to stand up to our stubborn stars.

The first question im asking every candidate is 'What is your vision regarding Ben Simmons?'
If the answer is any kind of permutation of 'keep him at PF' then move on.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Kenny Atkinson wouldnt surprise me; I could accept that.
I feel disciplinarian coaches are anathema in this sport to me usually but im warming to the idea.
The Van Gundys would have clout and experience to stand up to our stubborn stars.

I have a feeling this will be a significant factor in the decision. Not limited to the Van Fundys, but in general. I expect they would go with someone with strong NBA head coaching experience.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
team needs a restart from the top down. IMO i think Brand is in over his head. Get a better GM..a new coach and decide what this team's identity is

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
tenor.gif

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
How will this effect Jo?
Played a season high in mins yesterday and he'll have to do that again and again until they get eliminated cuz this team isnt blowing out anybody.

Worst case is both your stars are injured and losing development time going into an uncertain offseason and a contracted regular season in 2021.
Took 7 minutes....

Reactions: Cody Webster

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Give Simmons his due. Dude has played the hardest minutes in the NBA in each of his 3 seasons.
Hasnt always been pretty but its more pretty than ugly for the most part.
His body broke down this year.
A lot of that is because his better half cant string together 5 intense games in a row.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
this team has to change..build around Simmons..trade Jo for what you can because he won't string together a season healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad