OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Let’s Do This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Can we stop pretending to know how to shoot 3’s? Or at least recognize teams have no issues letting our players jack up 3’s and that’s a indictment on their ability.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Pathetic. They should be able to beat this team even without Simmons and Embiid. At the very least make it a close game. But they trailed the entire game.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Gutless...it's like they store their balls in a led container when they go on the road.

Horford was such a waste of a signing......and Harris was an overpayment. Lack of leadership...

Its like they took a lesson from last year Flyers...bad team make up

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
You can just tell the weasel Sports Talk Radio hosts are slowly integrating Flyers talk into their shows and they're just going to continue to do it more and more with this organization continuing to embarrass themselves more and more.

97.5 sure picked a really convenient time to tell Jason Myrtetus - the only guy at that station even remotely knowledgeable about the sport - to f*** off.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Gutless...it's like they store their balls in a led container when they go on the road.

Horford was such a waste of a signing......and Harris was an overpayment. Lack of leadership...

I’m becoming more and more convinced that the coach is the problem. I’ve always been a Brown supporter and I’d love to see him succeed after the crap teams he was given during the Process, but when a team consistently looks this bad, in the same situation (road games) over and over, it’s hard to understand how the players could all at once just forget how to play.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I’m becoming more and more convinced that the coach is the problem. I’ve always been a Brown supporter and I’d love to see him succeed after the crap teams he was given during the Process, but when a team consistently looks this bad, in the same situation (road games) over and over, it’s hard to understand how the players could all at once just forget how to play.
Brown is definitely not helping.....players are just not responding to him.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Brett deserves to be fired. You cant run an offense like this in this league esp w this personnel.
I said in this thread back in Dec 2017 that without incorporating sets you werent going to win a title.
The best offensive players in the world get most of their offense out of the PnR and other sets.
How is a team with no elite scorers and 1 elite playmaker supposed to go without them then?
JRich, Tobi,Al all look garbage and have been garbage but our home record indicates that theyre better then theyve been.
These are role players. None of them is elite on offense IQ or skillwise.
None of them have ever played in an offense like this. There isnt one other team in the NBA that plays this way.
Of course when the offensive directive is 'just play loose' then you get nonexistant cuttng, bricked open shots due to no rhythm, sloppy passing.

Combine that with Jo being Dwight Howard with less durability this year and here we are.
Fire Elton too as he deserves to go for the Jrich-Jimmy deal alone.
Hire Becky Hammon. End the madness..

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Brett deserves to be fired. You cant run an offense like this in this league esp w this personnel.
I said in this thread back in Dec 2017 that without incorporating sets you werent going to win a title.
The best offensive players in the world get most of their offense out of the PnR and other sets.
How is a team with no elite scorers and 1 elite playmaker supposed to go without them then?
JRich, Tobi,Al all look garbage and have been garbage but our home record indicates that theyre better then theyve been.
These are role players. None of them is elite on offense IQ or skillwise.
None of them have ever played in an offense like this. There isnt one other team in the NBA that plays this way.
Of course when the offensive directive is 'just play loose' then you get nonexistant cuttng, bricked open shots due to no rhythm, sloppy passing.

Combine that with Jo being Dwight Howard with less durability this year and here we are.
Fire Elton too as he deserves to go for the Jrich-Jimmy deal alone.
Hire Becky Hammon. End the madness..

How much can you really blame Elton for that trade though? Butler could have walked and the Sixers would have gotten nothing. Brand didn’t really have much leverage.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
We'll never be sure but the way free agency played out with Al opting out of his deal with the C's first thing and then Jimmy being traded makes me think it was at the very least a mutual termination as regards to Jimmy.
Al woudnt have opted out so quickly if he wasnt certain there was a more lucrative offer waiting.
Likely they chose Al/JR over Jimmy.
At least Al is still a plus defender. Jr has been one of the worst starters in the league this year.
The fact that Elton traded the 2nd best SG in the league for a guy who's been our 3rd best SG and an active detriment most time on the court 1 for 1 this season is inexcusable.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I really think Butler was intent on leaving. I think he wanted to be “The Guy”, and that wsn’t happening on team with Embiid and Simmons. You’re right, we’ll never know for sure but I don’t think Jimmy had any intention of coming back.

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
The way the "insiders" talked, Butler had a beef with Ben, he's friends with Embiid. The only way he stayed was if Ben got traded.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Wait, why do we think this? Did I miss something that says it was probably a personal issue with Simmons instead of the front office not liking everything that comes with Jimmy Butler or him just wanting to be in Miami?

To be clear, I absolutely love Butler as a player and I would have kept him, but he has real on and off the court baggage. Beyond creating the media circus, there were entire road trips where he just didn't have any interest in playing defense and the consistent refusal to take wide open 3s off the catch was a real problem. My god, that Kings game and everything around it.

If I did miss something, I would love to read it. I'd rather be informed going forward than anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad