OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are here to Shake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't think you can say enough good things about the job Elton Brand has done.

Has there ever been a GM tasked with coming into a more awkward situation? Entering an offseason in which you were, at one point, expected to compete for LeBron James, and you have the Colangelo burner nightmare and then the ridiculous Fultz situation. You then basically turn over your entire roster to field arguably the best on-paper lineup in the East. Never seen anything like this really.

No one even knows what to expect from a contender who changes 2 starting spots and most of the bench because it's basically never happened.
Brand definitely has big nads…...what is good about him is that he has a good feel for judging character and what it takes to assemble a roster with chemistry. I do think him and Brown make a good combo but I do worry about Brown's staying power as far as getting this team to be fully championship caliber. Got to tighten up the D and not turn the ball over...the latter will kill you in the playoffs where the game becomes one of inches and key plays.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The Starting 5 is on another level. Somebody posted their rating after the one game, it was like a +35.

Super small sample size, but I'm not really sure it'll be much different. The talent level is off the charts.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Loving Harris. The upgrade from Chandler (who was actually playing well) to Harris has opened up JJ Redick even more (which has allowed him to kill it two games in a row). While Chandler had a solid 3pt shot, the amount of respect that have to give Harris because he can shoot anywhere is amazing. Harris is only 26 also which is crazy.

The Sixers have 5 players that teams have to respect. Embiid is a matchup nightmare for most teams, but then you have 4 other players that can score.

The issue right now is defense. They need to figure that out.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Loving Harris. The upgrade from Chandler (who was actually playing well) to Harris has opened up JJ Redick even more (which has allowed him to kill it two games in a row). While Chandler had a solid 3pt shot, the amount of respect that have to give Harris because he can shoot anywhere is amazing. Harris is only 26 also which is crazy.

The Sixers have 5 players that teams have to respect. Embiid is a matchup nightmare for most teams, but then you have 4 other players that can score.

The issue right now is defense. They need to figure that out.

I'm not sure they will, some of those guys are just mediocre on defense. But if you can't stop them, maybe just go balls to the wall and out score them.

If the Sixers can average 125-130 nightly, it'll be hard to beat them just like that.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
If I ever meet AI I will definitely give him a huge hug.
son and i, used to see him, at the taj in a.c. he liked playing 3 card poker at a private table. also had 5 or 6 security guys, so meeting him or talking with him, wasn't possible. might get a nod if he noticed you.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'm not sure they will, some of those guys are just mediocre on defense. But if you can't stop them, maybe just go balls to the wall and out score them.

If the Sixers can average 125-130 nightly, it'll be hard to beat them just like that.
I actually don't think the players individually are that bad defensively (well JJ is pretty poor defensively and Harris is about average which is guess is the 2 out of the 5). I just think sometimes their style of play opens them up to defensive lapses.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think the problem on defense is simply too many new players, it takes time for everyone to know what they're supposed to do.
Wasn't impressed by Ennis off the bench, reminds me of Grant, straight line athlete with meh body control.
Scott looked good, and Bobo is a physical force, a stiff, but a HUGE stiff.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

My sad face...

joker-jack-nicholson-198650.jpg

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I think Brown will figure out how to get them defending better in time, one thing he's proven to be able to do over the years is that. Joel/Ben/Butler are all good to great defenders, Harris is average, so the tools are there for a great defense.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
just means Tatum will drop 50 on us lol
Just like there was fretting about Kuzma, I'm fine with Tatum dropping 50. Hardin scored a bunch of points too. As long as the Sixers win, it is good. If the opposing team can only muster offense through one person consistently, and we continue to share the ball well, this team will be hard to stop. Let Tatum collect 50, and the L.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
sixers getting shut out of the free agent market. i would have loved to have gotten LIn.
Don’t know if shut out or Brand not interested. I think it was during yesterday’s broadcast that all the buyouts and potential buyouts Brand was bearish about he wasn’t extremely interested in (other than Matthews). He made the plays for bench guys because of that

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I hope Clippers buy-out Patrick Beverly. The Clips need to lose and not make the playoffs to retain their 1st.

Reactions: Jtown

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Well last night's Flyers game just affirmed my position to not watch tonight's Celtics game. Sixers will probably lose by the Celtics hitting a ton of contested 3's or the officiating will be a complete joke.

Celtics are going to win this game.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad