OT: Teh Philadelphia Seventy Sixers are Almost done searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Shooters who cannot defend are liabilities in the postseason. That has been made clear to us in the last two years. The Sixers will stand pat until trade deadline time and then get a real player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Or see if Thybelle develops a 3 point shot.
He's going to be a great defender, just needs experience and BB's coaching.
Question is whether he can develop a passable offensive game.

Korkmuz and Milton will get a half a season to duel it out for one of the rotation slots, then I expect Smith to move into the rotation by the spring.

Reactions: JXC

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Or see if Thybelle develops a 3 point shot.
He's going to be a great defender, just needs experience and BB's coaching.
Question is whether he can develop a passable offensive game.

Korkmuz and Milton will get a half a season to duel it out for one of the rotation slots, then I expect Smith to move into the rotation by the spring.

I think Matisse will develop into a good shooter. He has a nice stroke, maybe just needs to get better at finding his spots on the floor.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Superteam doing superteam things last night. Top guys picking up for each other when their mates dont have good nights.
First game Simmons went off, this game Al + Tobi did their thing.
Shout out Mike Scott. People forget we traded Sham +Mikal Bridges + 1st for Tobi + Scott + Zhaire.
Thats a solid deal.

NBA has been incredible thru the first 3 games or so now that the Curryball era is dead and buried.
So many competitive teams. So many styles.
Now that this new generationof young bigs is matured and ready to take over we're in for some exciting times ahead.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Even Scott when he catches fire. But you can't count on it of course

Scott is basically a lock .400% 3 guy, so he's definitely a bomber -- their best now. I think we/Brett Brown were talking young guys though. Shake has looked really good and versatile. Hope he leeches Furkan's minutes.

I think Matisse will develop into a good shooter. He has a nice stroke, maybe just needs to get better at finding his spots on the floor.

He had at least a handful of times he could've shot the 3 on a catch and shoot (but dribbled instead or forced a pass), or attacked the paint with a lane but dribbled into the corner instead. Seems early confidence related; points were there to be had. His shot does look good though. He did have 1 quick corner 3, I think off an inbounds pass, that he got called for a BS travel on. Smooth play though.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Shooters who cannot defend are liabilities in the postseason. That has been made clear to us in the last two years. The Sixers will stand pat until trade deadline time and then get a real player.
Agreed. The inverse is also true, example Tony Allen. One of the best wing defenders in his prime who was a complete non factor on offense. Teams schemed their defense by completely ignoring him.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Scott is basically a lock .400% 3 guy, so he's definitely a bomber -- their best now. I think we/Brett Brown were talking young guys though. Shake has looked really good and versatile. Hope he leeches Furkan's minutes.

He had at least a handful of times he could've shot the 3 on a catch and shoot (but dribbled instead or forced a pass), or attacked the paint with a lane but dribbled into the corner instead. Seems early confidence related; points were there to be had. His shot does look good though. He did have 1 quick corner 3, I think off an inbounds pass, that he got called for a BS travel on. Smooth play though.
I remember Thybulle getting blocked by Rose on a 3 also. The points will come. His D already is something else.

Would love to see Brand go out and get a bench shooter at the deadline.

On a another note O'Quinn has been a bit of a revelation

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
My favorite non sixers related thing in the NBA right now is whatever is happening with the Warriors.

If this is who they are without KD, without Klay... it's glorious. The league deserves this.

Reactions: sa cyred

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
My favorite non sixers related thing in the NBA right now is whatever is happening with the Warriors.

If this is who they are without KD, without Klay... it's glorious. The league deserves this.

Klay will be back next year though. This could be like a mini-David Robinson situation where the Spurs got Tim Duncan because Robinson got hurt and missed the whole season they were bad enough to be in the bottom of the league for the lotto and end up with the #1 pick and Tim Duncan.

I don't think there's a Tim Duncan in this draft, but the Warriors adding a top-5 guy to slowly integrate with a returned Klay Thompson in 2020-2021 could be a better thing for them than just being a 6/7/8 seed. Course they can't deliberately tank and rest Steph Curry a lot with how much they're charging fans for their new arena.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Agreed. The inverse is also true, example Tony Allen. One of the best wing defenders in his prime who was a complete non factor on offense. Teams schemed their defense by completely ignoring him.
I disagree. Its all about deployment, scheme, and net impact. Very few players in the NBA give you true 2 way impact.

Lou Williams cant guard his own shadow but when you can score like he can and you play him bench minutes he becomes invaluable in a playoff series.

Tony Allen was great when he was coming off the bench for the Celtics in 08.
When he was playing starters minutes with the Grizzlies (he was still great) you could scheme against his offense but that only worked because he had no one else on his side to pick up the slack. That whole team was deficient scoring wise.

The reason Shake and Furk are getting run now is because Brown knows he needs someone who can knock down a shot or attack a closeout and early in the season is the time to give them those prepratory looks.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Brown said he was going to use minutes on the likes of Korkmaz and other fringe players in the beginning of the season for load management reasons... 2nd half these guys will be traded or riding the pine provided we remain healthy.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Klay will be back next year though. This could be like a mini-David Robinson situation where the Spurs got Tim Duncan because Robinson got hurt and missed the whole season they were bad enough to be in the bottom of the league for the lotto and end up with the #1 pick and Tim Duncan.

I don't think there's a Tim Duncan in this draft, but the Warriors adding a top-5 guy to slowly integrate with a returned Klay Thompson in 2020-2021 could be a better thing for them than just being a 6/7/8 seed. Course they can't deliberately tank and rest Steph Curry a lot with how much they're charging fans for their new arena.
i think that they miss iggy, more than they thought they would as well.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Could be a tough game. Atlanta is an up and coming team and Trae Young is exactly the kind of player that has killed the Sixers over the past few years.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2