Olympics: Teemu Selänne - Emotional interview

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
Great player - the hockey world will miss him when he hangs them up.

Was happy to see him and Salo go out with a medal.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Emotional interview indeed. My favourite comment from him in was when he said that (referring to this his last International game) he hoped that it would never end. I think that about sums up his love of his country and the game.

Whats The Maatta

Feb 20, 2014
Emotional interview indeed. My favourite comment from him in was when he said that (referring to this his last International game) he hoped that it would never end. I think that about sums up his love of his country and the game.

I think the translation is a bit off there. He says that during the day as he was thinking about how it was going to be his last game, he thought it would never end. But it can be interpreted that way.

Teemu :yo:

Legend.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was in the MTS centre the night he came back to Winnipeg for the first time in more than 15 years and it was a night I will never forget. One of the true class acts in hockey :handclap::handclap:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
It's all pretty sad, European hockey is going to be bereft of Lidstrom, Selanne and Jagr, all within a few years of each other.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
There's a lot of bad blood flowing on this board for some reason. Not cool, so we should find something that might unite atleast some of us.

People especially in Anaheim or Winnipeg might have something to add to this... Also everyone who's a fan :)

As we all know, Teemu retired from the Lion jersey and retires from NHL after this season. He's one of Finland's finest and I know many people respect him all over the world. So there's a Facebook page dedicated to his retirement: https://www.facebook.com/kiitosteemu?fref=ts
They'll post stuff in English every once in a while.

There's also a site where you can tell stories and memories you have about him, and they will put the best ones together and send them to Teemu. I briefly looked it up and there isn't many stories in English, so yours might get easily picked up. Give it a shot. http://kiitosteemu.com/

12702783655_4bf78c679d_o.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad