Ansar Khan: Teemu Pulkkinen waived (claimed by Wild)

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Could this be cap related as well? Is Jurco back yet?

Heard that Jurco wont be back until early to mid November after his back surgery. Thinking that he will go on LTIR with Franzen and Vitale. Does any one know of Kronwall's situation yet. Sounding like he might not be ready to start the season either hence the 8 D men that Blashill said was going to start the season with.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So now this is good asset management, when people are celebrating waived Pulkkinen, but waiving Frk was bad asset management?

I'm confused, more than anything. Pulkkinen is worse asset management to me than Frk. Pulkkinen actually had trade value at one point IMO, whereas I don't ever think Frk did.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I hope it's Nosek, into that 13th spot, rather than AA. I still don't get the asset management, though I guess we'll see if anyone claims Pulk (unless I'm already late on that).

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Watch today we trade for Fowler and open up a permanent spot for AA/Mantha:popcorn:

Back to reality

A trade could be it. Doubtful, but we'd need to add up our nickles and dimes to make the cap work if we were to make a trade, so waiving dead weight and going with the cheapest roster would be one way to do it.

Anyways, I'm happy for Frk and Pulkkinen. Wherever they end up will be better for their career in the long run.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm confused, more than anything. Pulkkinen is worse asset management to me than Frk. Pulkkinen actually had trade value at one point IMO, whereas I don't ever think Frk did.

I'm just sad that these right-handers are always who won't pan out (Callahan, Ferraro, Järnkrok, Frk, Pulu) and lefties win the competition.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Heard that Jurco wont be back until early to mid November after his back surgery. Thinking that he will go on LTIR with Franzen and Vitale. Does any one know of Kronwall's situation yet. Sounding like he might not be ready to start the season either hence the 8 D men that Blashill said was going to start the season with.

If we start the season with Jurco, Vitale, Franzen, and Kronwall all on LTIR... doesn't that mean we have 7 active defenseman (Dekeyser, Green, Ericsson, Smith, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul)... so then we could carry 14 forwards, and so we have room to carry 2 more forwards in addition to everything we have now?

If so, kind of confusing that Frk and Pulkkinen were waived. I'd say maybe they are going to keep AA and Mantha up, but I dont't see any room for them in the top 9. So I highly doubt that.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm just sad that these right-handers are always who won't pan out (Callahan, Ferraro, Järnkrok, Frk, Pulu) and lefties win the competition.

Yeah I thought they could be useful weapons on our PP at some point. Sad to see them go, enjoyed watching them both even if they didn't turn out exactly like I hoped.

Still have Frk's autrograph, wish him all the best.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If we start the season with Jurco, Vitale, Franzen, and Kronwall all on LTIR... doesn't that mean we have 7 active defenseman (Dekeyser, Green, Ericsson, Smith, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul)... so then we could carry 14 forwards, and so we have room to carry 2 more forwards in addition to everything we have now?

If so, kind of confusing that Frk and Pulkkinen were waived. I'd say maybe they are going to keep AA and Mantha up, but I dont't see any room for them in the top 9. So I highly doubt that.

This is exactly what I meant when I was talking about giving our kids a chance instead of signing a veteran as a stop gap. If Kenny wouldn't have signed Vanek and Ott, both AA and Mantha could be playing everyday for the big club.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This is exactly what I meant when I was talking about giving our kids a chance instead of signing a veteran as a stop gap. If Kenny wouldn't have signed Vanek and Ott, both AA and Mantha could be playing everyday for the big club.
Except that the current modus operandi won't allow for one possible step back, even if it eventually results in two or three steps forward.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk

Vanek you could use in this scenario, however ott is going to play line 4 with some PK minutes. Both AA and Mantha are a waste in that 4th line. IN which case they would be better off playing in GR.

I do agree that had it not been for Vanek, one of them is here for good.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

And Helm, the worst contract of them all.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Vanek you could use in this scenario, however ott is going to play line 4 with some PK minutes. Both AA and Mantha are a waste in that 4th line. IN which case they would be better off playing in GR.

I do agree that had it not been for Vanek, one of them is here for good.

Helm could have taken Ott's spot on the 4th line and AA could have taken Helm's spot on the 3rd.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

That's pretty much my take, Is that we will have 7 active D men and Kronwall will go onto LTIR along with Franzen, Vitale and Jurco. And we will go with DeKeyser, Green, Smith, Marchenko, Ericsson, Ouellet and Sproul to start the season off any ways. Hopefully Kronwall doesn't miss to much time we can really use him the D is already bad enough can't afford to be without Kronner also.

I'm really baffled at both Frk and Pulkkinen getting waived, Unless AA has made the team and Miller and Ott do rotate as the 13th forward. This makes very little sense here. Not sure what Hollands trying to do here very confusing would've much rather had Frk make the team and had put Pulkkinen on waivers Saturday any ways some interesting times coming up here in the next 28 hours or so until the 23 man roster has to be set.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Why would we carry 3 extra bodies when we're smack up against the cap? There's no requirement that we have 23 bodies on the active roster at all times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad