Teemu Hartikainen: AHL rookie of the month

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
pretty impressive Teemus been on a tear latley and looks like a steal at 163 overall at 6'2 220lbs and pretty physical as well from what ive heard.. 14 points in 15 games in january.. 14 goals and 32 points on the season so far.. for people that know him whats ur take on his potential

Vladimir Tarasenko*

First Jussi Rynnas is named player of the week, now Teemu Hartikainen named rookie of the month.

Good job for Finland!

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
he doesnt really have top 6 potential, his skating isnt great but he does use his body well in front of the net. a poor mans holmstrom is not a bad comparison

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
how physical is he? is he known to throw big hits or use the body constantly

From what I saw in training camp he is a hard worker, i wouldn't consider him the second coming of Clutterbuck or anything... but he can throw a hit, and he wins lots of puck battles.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
When will he get the chance with "the big club"?

Well, I'd assume as soon as the Barons clinch a playoff spot... Reddox and O'mark are already up on the big club, and it really started to hurt them for awhile there. Losing two players in the top ten in league scoring tears any team apart, now imagine if the Oilers stole the player who was starting to step it up and fill in the holes?

It is stupid politics, but it is how the hockey world works... It would be nice to see the guy play in Edmonton, and I would personally love to see him on the team. I personally thought he and VandeVelde could have made the fourth line this year... god knows we need players that can win faceoffs.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
from what i've seen of him, i could see him becoming a really good 3rd line guy who can put up respectable points and bring some energy. don't really see any top-6 upside there though. but never say never i guess...

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
from what i've seen of him, i could see him becoming a really good 3rd line guy who can put up respectable points and bring some energy. don't really see any top-6 upside there though. but never say never i guess...
also he's got good leadership qualities and very good infront-of-net play. I could easily see him as a 3rd line guy who gets PP time aswell. If his skating was better he could be a top-6 player...

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
sounds like a player the oilers could use down the road.. the wings are pretty stacked right now tho with hall, ebs, paajarvi, hemmer, etc. but i hope we get a chance to see him in a couple games with edmonton this year just to see where hes at

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad