Ted, what is the matter with you?

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
The building is full...end of story.

Unless it filled up late, it looked like there was plenty of arm/leg room in the first?

Only way anything changes is if they quit going (paying) to see that nonsense..

Would be all aboard for a tank/pick but as long as McPhee is doing the dealing, we're ****ed.. Same with Grunfeld.. Never ending story in DC.. :(

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Unless it filled up late, it looked like there was plenty of arm/leg room in the first?
Only way anything changes is if they quit going (paying) to see that nonsense..

Would be all aboard for a tank/pick but as long as McPhee is doing the dealing, we're ****ed.. Same with Grunfeld.. Never ending story in DC.. :(

That ticket money has long since been pocketed....

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
two words. daniel snyder.

Danny Boy gets a lot of flack from people, but at the end of the day, the guy is a diehard Skins fan and wants to win badly. At this point I am starting to think that Ted was only in it for the $$$. Like any marketing guy, he sold us on a pile of poo.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think he thinks a sell off / rebuild will empty the building. He tells George he wants to compete every year. Get down there and buy George, buy!

George still has Bruce Cassidy's "I told you so" AHL card but think George is going to be afraid to whip it out any time soon. When George speaks of being in the game, he is probably speaking to Ted. If you knew the game, you would have been in the game. Not bought your way in.

Nice job in providence last year, Booce.

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
Eagerly awaiting the next Ted blog post.

EDIT: current standings...

Capitals - 29th place out of 30 teams
Wizards - 28th place out of 30 teams
Mystics - 12th place out of 12 teams ('12 season)

Does anything else need to be said?

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Danny Boy gets a lot of flack from people, but at the end of the day, the guy is a diehard Skins fan and wants to win badly. At this point I am starting to think that Ted was only in it for the $$$. Like any marketing guy, he sold us on a pile of poo.

The amazing thing about Snyder is that he looked at himself in the mirror and basically said he was wrong. Its hard for a multi millionaire, who's clearly had success in every endevour, to admit as much. He did.

Ted still seems to have some smugness but I don't question that he wants to win. He does. He also understands his lack of understanding about the game and why he leaves it to his "people" in the know.

But when the "people" in the know aren't getting it done he has never shown the ability or desire to replace them. He's a good guy tho and maybe thats part of the issue here.

Remember Snyder fired My Cousin Vinny who was a good friend of his because the guy wasn't getting it done. That alone ranks him above Ted currently.

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
The amazing thing about Snyder is that he looked at himself in the mirror and basically said he was wrong. Its hard for a multi millionaire, who's clearly had success in every endevour, to admit as much. He did.

Ted still seems to have some smugness but I don't question that he wants to win. He does. He also understands his lack of understanding about the game and why he leaves it to his "people" in the know.

But when the "people" in the know aren't getting it done he has never shown the ability or desire to replace them. He's a good guy tho and maybe thats part of the issue here.

Remember Snyder fired My Cousin Vinny who was a good friend of his because the guy wasn't getting it done. That alone ranks him above Ted currently.

Of course Ted wants to win, but I don't know if he has that do-whatever-it-takes-almost-to-the-point-of-lunacy desire to win. THAT is what I want in my owner.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

you seem to want to say that danny is a good owner because he is willing to make so many mistakes and destroy the golden goose. you seem therefore to conclude that ted only wants to make money and the proof is his lack of willingness to do stupid things.

reminder. jagr. the trade. jagr the extension. jagr the i hate washington thing. robert lang the ufa for jagr. the jagr v konowalchuk/kolzig locker room disaster. the one series of playoffs out of the entire mess. oh and yea...not doing well in the marketplace rode hand in hand with all that fail.

now....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that ted wanted to win. did you forget about all that? too young to remember?? ted said lets get jagr. mcphee and patrick said dont do that. ted said we need to win now. do it. now...ted has learned from those terrible mistakes and has adjusted. and because he is not willing to go all in on more jagresque plays you think he is just in it for the money.

while doing what followed the jagr disaster was a team that got good. filled the building. had a legit shot at the cup for several consecutive years.

i cant say i am a big ted fan. but this idea that he is a horrible owner is ridiculous.

reminder. abe pollin. the pre nashville preditors. wanted to do well enough to keep the team afloat. spent the minimum on the team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Of course Ted wants to win, but I don't know if he has that do-whatever-it-takes-almost-to-the-point-of-lunacy desire to win. THAT is what I want in my owner.

my experience is that those guys willing to approach lunacy to win dont win. flyers. this is the team everyone wants the caps to be like. big money spent all the time. if get the big ufa.s ditch your better players like a revolving door. constant turnover of roster. move move move....gotta move. the result. they have one more cup than washington during their time in the nhl. that came in caps season #1.
so...their drought is one year shorter than the caps.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think he thinks a sell off / rebuild will empty the building. He tells George he wants to compete every year. Get down there and buy George, buy!

George still has Bruce Cassidy's "I told you so" AHL card but think George is going to be afraid to whip it out any time soon. When George speaks of being in the game, he is probably speaking to Ted. If you knew the game, you would have been in the game. Not bought your way in.

Nice job in providence last year, Booce.

question, rh. if you sold off for a three year rebuild. three years is only a modest wait for a sell off and rebuild to return a team to the playoffs.

would you keep and waste ovechkin and backstrom? would you sell them off now while they are under contract? realize they have given what they can give and will no longer be worth their contracts?

because if you are not willing to sell off 8 and 19, there is no point in selling off for a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad