Teams with multiple 100-point scorers that missed the playoffs

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Career years from Mcdavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Chaisson and Nurse yet this team is still at the bottom. Absolutely pathetic what Chia did to this team.

Chia made things worse. But seeing as the previous people in charge gave you the master piece of a roster that LANDED you McDavid in the first place, it wasn't just his fault. He took a car with mechanical problems and instead of addressing them he drove it off a cliff.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
With the notable exception of the Lucic contract, I don't think the Oilers are in a bad situation at all, thinking about the future. Even if we, as fans, forgive 2017-18 as a Murphy's Law "one-step-back" kind of season, 2018-19 is completely unforgivable. In a year when the Pacific was weak and the playoff spots were up for the grabbing, all the Oilers had to do -- with two of the top-5 scorers in the League -- was ice a League-average supporting cast. They couldn't do it.

As a sign of Chiarelli's incompetence, it was obvious to Oilers' fans in summer 2017 that there was a lack of depth at the wings. Chiarelli did nothing whatsoever to address that. In fact, he made the team far worse by trading Eberle for Strome (although I do like Strome) and losing Maroon for basically nothing, which was terrible.

But anyway, past is past. Looking to the future, I think they're all right, provided they have competent management finally (admittedly a big "if" with Katz and Nicholson signing off on things). They're super strong at center for years to come, so-so on defence (some good prospects coming up), average in goal, and poor only on the wing.

But that Lucic contract....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad