Teams that Won every Trophy?

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Was just thinking, is there a single franchise that has their team name on every single trophy? Not sure if there’s a website that has done the math or not. But I do wonder which team is the closest to achieving the complete set or if they already have. My guess would be the Canadiens. But I’m certain they’re missing at least a couple on this list:

Art Ross Trophy
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy
Calder Memorial Trophy
Conn Smythe Trophy
Frank J. Selke Trophy
Hart Memorial Trophy
Jack Adams Award
James Norris Memorial Trophy
King Clancy Memorial Trophy
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy
Mark Messier Leadership Award
Maurice Richard Trophy
Presidents' Trophy
Stanley Cup
Ted Lindsay/Pearson
Vezina Trophy
William M. Jennings Trophy

Last edited:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Are we only counting the Richard, or are previous goal scoring champs good enough?

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Los Angeles Kings

Art Ross Trophy: Marcel Dionne(79-80), Wayne Gretzky(89-90, 90-91, 93-94)
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Butch Goring(77-78), Bob Bourne(87-88), Dave Taylor(90-91)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Luc Robitaille(86-87)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Jonathan Quick(2011-12), Justin Williams(2013-14)
Frank J. Selke Trophy: Anze Kopitar(2015-16, 2017-18)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Wayne Gretzky(88-89)
Jack Adams Award: Bob Pulford(74-75)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Rob Blake(97-98), Drew Doughty(2015-16)
King Clancy Memorial Trophy: Dave Taylor(90-91)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Marcel Dionne(76-77), Butch Goring(77-78), Wayne Gretzky(90-91, 91-92, 93-94), Anze Kopitar(2015-16)
Mark Messier Leadership Award: Dustin Brown(2013-14)
Maurice Richard Trophy: None
Presidents' Trophy: None
Stanley Cup: 2012, 2014
Ted Lindsay/Pearson: Marcel Dionne(78-79, 79-80)
Vezina Trophy: None
William M. Jennings Trophy: Jonathan Quick(2013-14,2017-18)

Last edited:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Are we only counting the Richard, or are previous goal scoring champs good enough?
I thought about this, but then you gotta ask, how far back do you go? Then you’d sort of have to do it for other select trophies as well which just opens up cans of worms.

I mean I suppose we could include them, but maybe with an asterisk just for the sake of interesting discussion.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Boston has everything.

Art Ross Trophy: Orr
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Simmer
Calder Memorial Trophy: Orr
Conn Smythe Trophy: Orr
Frank J. Selke Trophy: Bergeron
Hart Memorial Trophy: Orr
Jack Adams Award: Burns
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Orr
King Clancy Memorial Trophy: Bourque
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Bauer
Mark Messier Leadership Award: Chara
Maurice Richard Trophy: Pastrnak
Presidents' Trophy: 2020
Stanley Cup: 2011
Ted Lindsay/Pearson: Orr
Vezina Trophy: Rask
William M. Jennings Trophy: Rask
Multi-winners in some cases

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Counting only the trophies themselves (thus no pre-Richard goal scoring winners, etc), only Boston has won every one of these awards. If you include them winning it before the award existed, Detroit did as well (they had goal-scoring leaders), but with a caveat: the Vezina wins for Detroit predate 1982, when it was to the goalie who allowed the fewest goals (in effect the Jennings Trophy).

Take out the Messier Award (which is hardly a real award), and Montreal also has every trophy (they had goal-scoring leaders and led the league before the President's Trophy was created).

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Boston has everything.

Art Ross Trophy: Orr
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Simmer
Calder Memorial Trophy: Orr
Conn Smythe Trophy: Orr
Frank J. Selke Trophy: Bergeron
Hart Memorial Trophy: Orr
Jack Adams Award: Burns
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Orr
King Clancy Memorial Trophy: Bourque
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Bauer
Mark Messier Leadership Award: Chara
Maurice Richard Trophy: Pastrnak
Presidents' Trophy: 2020
Stanley Cup: 2011
Ted Lindsay/Pearson: Orr
Vezina Trophy: Rask
William M. Jennings Trophy: Rask
Multi-winners in some cases
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Pastrnak doing some clutch work this season to get it done.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Tampa can never seem to win the Calder Trophy. Even with every promising rookie they've had or finalist for that one trophy.

Otherwise to my knowledge they have at least 80% of the trophies they could possibly win.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
I'd be remiss to not include my Flames on this list:

Looks like the Flames have won every Trophy except the Selke and the Hart. Conroy was close in 2002 when he finished 2nd in voting. Also, if only that one Canadiens' writer didn't exclude Iginla off his list to secure the win for Jose Theodore, then the Flames would have the Hart in their Trophy case as well.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Also, if only that one Canadiens' writer didn't exclude Iginla off his list to secure the win for Jose Theodore, then the Flames would have the Hart in their Trophy case as well.

This is a myth. First, there's no confirmation who didn't vote for Iginla. Second, Theodore was missing on three ballots, so if everyone put both players on like they should have, Iginla would have lost even more than he did.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Counting only the trophies themselves (thus no pre-Richard goal scoring winners, etc), only Boston has won every one of these awards. If you include them winning it before the award existed, Detroit did as well (they had goal-scoring leaders), but with a caveat: the Vezina wins for Detroit predate 1982, when it was to the goalie who allowed the fewest goals (in effect the Jennings Trophy).

Take out the Messier Award (which is hardly a real award), and Montreal also has every trophy (they had goal-scoring leaders and led the league before the President's Trophy was created).

Hence why many people consider the 1st AST position the de facto Vezina pre-Jennings. Or at least a good measure of who was the best goalie the year before.

Reactions: kaiser matias

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Hence why many people consider the 1st AST position the de facto Vezina pre-Jennings. Or at least a good measure of who was the best goalie the year before.

Exactly. It's hard to argue, for example, that Terry Sawchuk would not have won the Vezina under the current regulations during his time with the Red Wings, seeing how he was the First-Team All-Star three years in a row.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Art Ross Trophy: Negatory, closest was Patrik Elias (96) finishing a distant 3rd to Jaromir Jagr (121) in 2000-01
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy: Ken Daneyko (1999-00), Brian Boyle (2017-18)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Martin Brodeur (1993-94), Scott Gomez (1999-00)
Conn Smythe Trophy: Claude Lemieux (1995), Scott Stevens (2000)
Frank J. Selke Trophy: John Madden (2000-01)
Hart Memorial Trophy: Taylor Hall (2017-18)
Jack Adams Award: Jacques Lemaire (1993-94)
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Scott Niedermayer (2003-04)
King Clancy Memorial Trophy: Negatory
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy: Negatory
Mark Messier Leadership Award: Negatory
Maurice Richard Trophy: Negatory
Presidents' Trophy: Negatory, closest was 2nd in the league in 1997-98 and 1998-99.
Stanley Cup: 1995, 2000, 2003
Ted Lindsay/Pearson: Negatory
Vezina Trophy: Martin Brodeur (2002-03, 2003-04, 2006-07, 2007-08)
William M. Jennings Trophy: Martin Brodeur / Mike Dunham (1996-97), Martin Brodeur (1997-98, 2002-03, 2009-10)

WJT1997.jpg

To qualify for the Jennings Trophy, a goalie has to appear in at least 25 games. Dunham was the odd case in 1996-97 as he could have qualified for early unrestricted free agency if he didn't appear in at least 25 games that season. So Jacques Lemaire was instructed to insert Dunham whenever he could just so the Devils would retain his rights. Dunham filed a grievance since there were a few games where he was immediately removed after the ensuing whistle, but his grievance was denied. But at least he he has a Jennings Trophy to show for it!

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
If you want to get technical, I don't think any team has done it since you'd have to include the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl for Western Conference Champions and Prince of Wales Trophy for the East. They implemented them in 1994, and since then, only Toronto, Columbus, and Detroit have played in both conferences, with only Detroit having won from the West, so they are the closest barring re-alignment.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
If you want to get technical, I don't think any team has done it since you'd have to include the Clarence S. Campbell Bowl for Western Conference Champions and Prince of Wales Trophy for the East. They implemented them in 1994, and since then, only Toronto, Columbus, and Detroit have played in both conferences, with only Detroit having won from the West, so they are the closest barring re-alignment.

But if you’re going by conference winners, the Campbell-Wales alignments were pretty out of wack from the ‘67 expansion through the early 80s. For example, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Capitals, and Penguins all spent time in the Campbell/West at some point (although at a glance only the Flyers advanced to the SCF at the time).

Matchbox 18

Oct 12, 2018
The blues only missing the art ross,messier,Richard trophies. Not bad for 52 years of futility until last year lol.

Art Ross Trophy-none
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy-Blake Dunlop,Jamie mcClennan
Calder Memorial Trophy-Barrett jackman
Conn Smythe Trophy-Ryan o’reilly
Frank J. Selke Trophy-Rick meagher,Ryan o’rielly
Hart Memorial Trophy-Brett hull
Jack Adams Award-red berenson,Brian sutter,Joel quennville,ken Hitchcock
James Norris Memorial Trophy-Al macinnis,Chris pronger
King Clancy Memorial Trophy-Kelly chase
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy-Phil goyette,Brett hull,pavol demitra
Mark Messier Leadership Award-none
Maurice Richard Trophy-none
Presidents' Trophy-99/00
Stanley Cup-19
Ted Lindsay/Pearson-Mike liut,brett hull
Vezina Trophy-Jacque plante
William M. Jennings Trophy-Roman turek,Brian Elliot,jaro halak

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I checked the obvious one in Montreal:
The ones they don't have are the Richard Trophy, Messier Trophy, and surprisingly the President's Trophy.

However, I would say the Richard and the President's Trophy would be due to the fact that they didn't exist earlier.

So In reality, we are only missing a Messier.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
This is a myth. First, there's no confirmation who didn't vote for Iginla. Second, Theodore was missing on three ballots, so if everyone put both players on like they should have, Iginla would have lost even more than he did.
Iginla had the most goals and points and was an absolute beast, even if he wasn't #1 he should have been at least 5th place on every ballot.

https://thehockeywriters.com/flames-jarome-iginla-2002-hart-trophy-snub/
Since this news broke, unconfirmed rumours have suggested doggedly that a Quebec writer – who had Théodore’s MVP case in mind – was the author of the ballot without Iginla. Had Iginla made that lone ballot, even as the fifth-ranked choice, he’d have won the trophy. We do know, per Ken Campbell of The Hockey News, that at least one of Iginla’s three fifth-place votes did come from an unidentified Montreal writer, which adds a verified element of suspicion to the incident.

Last edited:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
I thought about including the Wales and Campbell, but as they are Conference specific, I wouldn’t count them unless every franchise has had the opportunity to play for said trophy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas / Minnesota

Art Ross Trophy - Jamie Benn
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - Al MacAdam (North Stars)
Calder Memorial Trophy - Billy Smith
Conn Smythe Trophy - Joe Nieuwendyk
Frank J. Selke Trophy - Jere Lehtinen
Hart Memorial Trophy
Jack Adams Award
James Norris Memorial Trophy
King Clancy Memorial Trophy
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy
Mark Messier Leadership Award
Maurice Richard Trophy
Presidents' Trophy - 1999
Stanley Cup - 1999