Speculation: Teams most mentioned on players "No Go Lists"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd say Montreal, Arizona, Ottawa and Vancouver
Player poll had Vancouver as a top 5 destination. Swing and a miss!

Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Buffalo, NYI are likely at the top of the list right now.

Montreal is the most electric barn to play in, in the league and has all that history no way they are up there. Some guys love the no pressure in Arizona and its sunny and warm.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Edmonton is likely on a lot as well, but I think Ottawa is the clear cut worst. At least here there is an opportunity to play with McDavid or Draisaitl. That's why Lucic came here.
No Lucic came there because he was massively over paid and no one else offered him that much money and term.

Have you ever been to Winnipeg or Buffalo? I mean i assume youve been to Edmonton too. No way Ottawa is the clear cut worst from a quality of life standpoint. Ottawa is consistently rated one of the best cities to live in, in north america. Its safe, clean and close to major cities on the eastern coast. Obviously the worst place to go if a player is wanting to win at the moment but there is more to the decision than that.

Clearly Ottawa is not a destination but as an Oilers fan to have the first comment singling out a single city... Take a quick look in the mirror before pointing fingers is all im saying.

Reactions: ThePriorityDeal

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
No Lucic came there because he was massively over paid and no one else offered him that much money and term.

Have you ever been to Winnipeg or Buffalo? I mean i assume youve neen to Edmonton too. No way Ottawa is the clear cut worst.

Clearly Ottawa is not a destination but as an Oilers fan to have the first comment singling out a single city... Take a quick look in the mirror before pointing fingers is all im saying.
Other teams offered Lucic more money. I've heard MTL, VAN, MIN, and others.
The Canadiens offered Milan Lucic more than the $42 million the Edmonton Oilers will pay him

Reactions: BringJordanHome

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
All Canadian cities (especially Winnipeg & Edmonton), Buffalo, maybe Detroit & Minnesota
Top ones would be NYR, Vegas, California & Florida teams, maybe Dallas & Nashville

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Player poll had Vancouver as a top 5 destination. Swing and a miss!

Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Buffalo, NYI are likely at the top of the list right now.

Montreal is the most electric barn to play in, in the league and has all that history no way they are up there. Some guys love the no pressure in Arizona and its sunny and warm.
The poll was asking them which cities they like playing in on the road, not which they want to play for and live in

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't think this has as much issue for Edmonton as it was in years past.

Dany Heatley refusing to come kinda saved us.

We kinda wish Lucic would've refused to come. That really soured us on overpaying UFA's.

Glad Nylander re-negged on his signing.

All of our UFA signings have been a mixed bag of overpays which got us into cap hell to begin with.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Arizona, Carolina....

The only ones that really stand out IMO. For a combination of being bad hockey teams and/or poorly run teams with major ownership issues, or for having really meh weather in Winnipegs case.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
If it's 10 team I guess this is what I'd think?
OTT - Obvious
LAK - Don't want to rebuild
ANA - Don't want to rebuild, what's going on with coach
ARI - Seems cursed there, but they seem to be getting better.
MIN - Don't really seem like they're on the upswing
EDM - At least till they get their situation sorted out
At that point it's just preference I'd say. No MTL, TOR, WPG, or CBJ for me.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Bergevin dodged a bullet there!! TY Peter Chiarelli :)
I think it had more to do with the chance to play on McDavid's wing. Also, NMC given by Edmonton and tax rates in Edmonton vs Montreal...
Yeah, I think it was the chance to play on McDavid's wing.

Jets88

Jul 1, 2016
I’m born and raised in Winnipeg, and I’d say Winnipeg.

Winters are cold and dark.
Crime is a major problem.
The roads are shit.
During the summer it’s nice, but hockey season isn’t in the summer. And crime gets much worse in the summer...

I still love my Jets but I can understand why players wouldn’t want to live here.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Says the Edmonton fan. Unreal!

..are you saying he's wrong?

I don't know why places with cold weather are excluded. I know plenty of people that would rather live in Canada than some shithole like California

I'm sure the players that can take advantage of their modified NTC can afford to live somewhere warm off-season

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Says the Edmonton fan. Unreal!
You mean a high revenue team not afraid to spend money? Oh, you really got that poster there. The team might not be good, but it's hardly the same. Not everything is about weather conditions and night life. Oh, there's also the franchise player they have McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad