Friedman: Teams interested in Trocheck

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
hmmm. I personally think Athanaseiou is a one trick pony. You’d have to attach a 1st with him as I think he has negative value.
I can't tell if you're actually serious. A 1st? + AA (elite McDavid level speed & skating, 30G on a lottery/bad team last year. Top 20 in 5on5 G's since coming into the league ~4-5 yrs, averaging over well over 20+G/82gp playing with AHL'ers & mostly 4th/3rd line washed up vets). AND you want a 1st that'll be a top 4 pick? Often on the 2nd PP unit, creates oddman rushes & scoring chances out of nothing. Played C last 16 games last season, scored 15 pts. His detractors are subpar D. Surely you jest.

I ignored the Seider for Trochek comment b/c I figured you were joking and/or not really familiar with Seider's value league-wide & even more so to the Wings.

Try again.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
The weird thing is Tro was looking like his old self before the all star break. It’s like the whole team regressed from being off. Huby, Barkov, and Dads have all sucked as well especially Dads.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I can't tell if you're actually serious. A 1st? + AA (elite McDavid level speed & skating, 30G on a lottery/bad team last year. Top 20 in 5on5 G's since coming into the league ~4-5 yrs, averaging over well over 20+G/82gp playing with AHL'ers & mostly 4th/3rd line washed up vets). AND you want a 1st that'll be a top 4 pick? Often on the 2nd PP unit, creates oddman rushes & scoring chances out of nothing. Played C last 16 games last season, scored 15 pts. His detractors are subpar D. Surely you jest.

I ignored the Seider for Trochek comment b/c I figured you were joking and/or not really familiar with Seider's value league-wide & even more so to the Wings.

Try again.

I’m dead serious. Trocheck sucks, but I think Atahansioue is just as shitty.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The weird thing is Tro was looking like his old self before the all star break. It’s like the whole team regressed from being off. Huby, Barkov, and Dads have all sucked as well especially Dads.

Barkov at least has been dealing with injuries.

Tro is the easiest to trade from the core.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So I think Minnesota is likely interested, but if he's as bad as Florida fans are saying in this thread I'm not sure I'd want to give up Brodin for him by himself. Certainly not Dumba at all. Where do we go from here?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
So I think Minnesota is likely interested, but if he's as bad as Florida fans are saying in this thread I'm not sure I'd want to give up Brodin for him by himself. Certainly not Dumba at all. Where do we go from here?

You don’t. Trust me. Guy is cancer on skates.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Psyched to come back here after Trocheck is dealt to see the same posters who said "he sucks" complaining about the return.

Reactions: mikeyp24

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He peaked playing with Reilly Smith.

since then he’s been good to invisible to negatively impacting the team. He needs a chance of scenery.

he was on the decline before his injury but he looks slower since it. He used to have a great shot, that seems to have disappeared.

major negatives are compete level and making stupid plays

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I have a lot to say about this.
Trocheck has had a weird career. When he first came into the league, we expected him to be a top 9 winger. He took advantage of Bjugstad's injuries and took the 2C spot. When Barkov went down a few years ago, he was amazing. Played the 200 ft game, carried the play offensively...He was rightfully considered a 1bC in the mold of Duchene and O'Reilly. Unfortunately, his defensive play has dropped every season for the past three years. I think many thought his huge 17-18 was gonna be his career high.

The thing is that Tro always looked like a player whose wheels were gonna fall off at age 30. Very intense, athletic game where he did it all himself and didn't use his brain or his teammates. He's nearly 27 now, which means he should still have something left in the tank, but we're Florida, and players tend to look better when they aren't with us.
What is he now you might ask? He's playing like a useless middle 6 C you'd find on a bottom feeder. His biggest problem is that he doesn't play like a center. He doesn't use his wingers, doesn't facilitate play, doesn't play great D anymore...

Maybe he'll find success somewhere as a RW to a great C like Eichel. Until then, I don't even know what the ask should be, because without him we have absolutely no Centers, and our D is already log jammed to high hell.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad