LeBrun: Teams interested in Joakim Ryan

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If he does get moved, whoever lands him is going to be very happy. Very cerebral D-man, good positioning and hockey smarts. Would prefer to keep him but we have decent D depth.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018
I f***ing hate it when supposedly "knowledgeable" hockey fans chime in during threads like this with "who?" Like I get you can't know every single player in the league, but Ryan was Brent f***ing Burns' partner for a long while.

It's OK to not know who he is but then you aren't allowed to share your opinion on any thing else after that, since if you can't name our Norris Trophy-winning defenseman's partner on the number 1 pair, you aren't allowed to comment on any other aspect of the team since you clearly don't know f***-all.

Ryan is currently an excellent bottom-pairing defenseman who will easily slot into a middle-pairing next year given some ice time and confidence. Paul Martin is a superb comparable. If he was in a bigger market and on a team not coached by (his nemesis?) Pete DeBoer he'd by way more hyped up and everyone would covet him.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Teams are probably calling because Ryan is a capable defenseman that our head coach has banished to the press box, and they probably figure he'll come cheap. I hope he doesn't.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'd much prefer to keep him. He's a solid player that we should be able today sign for Demelo dollars. With cap problems having a quality #6 for less than a mill who doesn't look out of place with Burns is a nice option!

I doubt he would be our consistent #6 even if he re-signed. As long as Deboer's the coach Ryan will keep getting leap-frogged by others.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Simek stole his spot with Burns. I dunno if it’s a favorable thing. Simek is also very cerebral, makes the smart play most of the time, and is a beast in a small package. They’re very similar, but Ryan is lacks the toughness.

Lol at the mention of Ryan’s offense. He’s def not a goal scorer as his as he shoots muffins. He had magic with Heed with the Cuda though, so I know he’s not immune to generating offense.

Would hate to lose him, still. He’s solid af

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad