LeBrun: Teams interested in Joakim Ryan

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
cool maybe the new team will play him

WelldocumentedUnitedIndianskimmer-small.gif

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I'd much prefer to keep him. He's a solid player that we should be able today sign for Demelo dollars. With cap problems having a quality #6 for less than a mill who doesn't look out of place with Burns is a nice option!

Reactions: Phu

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I’m actually not thrilled if he gets traded, he’s a good young defensemen who is solid defensively and has some untapped offensive potential if he’s not forced to Wookiee whisper.

Who is in the market for a defender?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
We i n Jersey know how that goes. PD finds someone and beats the hell out of them.
JR is a jersey guy and we need D what would be the ask?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I mean we need picks but as a sharks fan I wouldn’t be happy if Ryan got dealt. He better not get traded for cheap

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I’m actually not thrilled if he gets traded, he’s a good young defensemen who is solid defensively and has some untapped offensive potential if he’s not forced to Wookiee whisper.

Who is in the market for a defender?

Jets for sure.

Reactions: saxonmiller

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Unless SJ is adding a d-man today I'd prefer we keep him as depth. With Karlsson's questionable health, the heavy minutes Burns is logging, and razor thin D depth in SJ's systems he's a necessary piece for the roster - even if he remains in the press box the rest of the season.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Jets for sure.

I would hope, and assume, DW is not going to help some of our toughest competition out by bolstering their defense.

Scouting report?

Good speed(not a burner but pretty quick), smart defender, not overly physical. Is very defensively responsible, compared often by SJ fans to younger Paul Martin. Has mild offensive potential, IMO, but did not get to really use it as he was almost exclusively Burns safety blanket.

Honestly no idea why he is benched, I think it’s mainly because Simek hits, and Ryan doesn’t much.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
I hope the Sharks trade him if he's not in their plans. It's a waste to have solid defensemen sitting on the bench. He was a good partner for Burns last year, but had a bit of a rough start to this year, and hasn't been seen since. He was defensively responsible, a good skater, and had enough puck moving ability to not hold back the offense. He should be playing every day for someone.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
i really hope we keep him unless we are upgrading for d depth for this year's run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad