Teams coming back to earth

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
zero playoff teams, but against a lot of teams who are much improved. The Rangers of this season are not the same as last year.

It also seems for real considering that it's not like the Oilers are getting shelled but getting good bounces. They are controlling play

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
1) we haven't played a playoff team yet
2) it's still early
3) last two games and our season opener could have gone either way - we haven't been dominant in all 5
4) shut up and stop making jinx threads

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
They are def playing better. Still hoping once things go south that they can still do the things they are doing now. A sign of sticking to the game plan every night. I have them as a bubble team if they can keep it up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
At best a bubble team. Nothing special beyond McDrai and Neal's resurgence.

Nurse and Klefbom have been really good this year.

Ethan Bear also can move the puck better than any D man in our system besides Bouchard. The Nurse and Bear pairing have been really solid for us.

Our D play is noticeably better.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
zero playoff teams, but against a lot of teams who are much improved. The Rangers of this season are not the same as last year.

It also seems for real considering that it's not like the Oilers are getting shelled but getting good bounces. They are controlling play
Zero playoff teams?
You mean the Islanders who were 5th in the league last year and stomped the Penguins?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
1) we haven't played a playoff team yet
2) it's still early
3) last two games and our season opener could have gone either way - we haven't been dominant in all 5
4) shut up and stop making jinx threads

This

Get this crap off the main boards

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Nurse and Klefbom have been really good this year.

Ethan Bear also can move the puck better than any D man in our system besides Bouchard. The Nurse and Bear pairing have been really solid for us.

Our D play is noticeably better.

I am not convinced by Klefbom at all. Nurse yes. I just don't think it is enough.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I said this before but there is always alot of pretenders early in the season of every sport. That is why this time of year is is the best for alot of fans. The Wings are 3-1 the Ducks are 4-1 the Sabres are 4-0

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Seen them plenty this year already and seen mike smith his whole career, but congrats of the 5 game cup. I’m sure it’s gonna last.

Yes because Oiler fans expect 82-0 good one

Soery your hot take got called out

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Good thread.
Can't wait for Flames and Leafs fans to bump it after we lose 7 straight at some point this season.

Reactions: Kallio

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I am not convinced by Klefbom at all. Nurse yes. I just don't think it is enough.

Its nice to finally have a D core developing and on an upward trajectory. We’re playing much faster and moving the puck better.

Our D pipeline coming up as well is as good as it’s been in decades.

Nurse has really been a force this year. It’s not just his physical play, he’s using stick checks more to shutdown offensive players and transitioning the other way with his speed.

Nurse has just gotten better and better with each passing year, I think this year he breaks out if he hasn’t already.

Reactions: Pointteen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad