Friedman: Teams Calling On Avs Rentals

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who the hell would want that bunch of ick? Unless it's some sort of perverse tank strategy? Iginla used to be a great player...he really should retire.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dont think we get anything more then a 3rd for any of these guys.

Iggy probably gets us a 3rd at 50%. Good possession numbers and a strong veteran presence that playoff teams love adding at the deadline.

Bourque had a real good start to the year and I had hopes he'd fetch us a 2nd+ with the way he was playing. Unfortunately he's slowed down a lot lately. I still think he's putting in more effort then the majority of the players and think he would do well on a playoff team if he keeps playing with some intensity. If we could get a 3rd or 4th for him that'd be a solid return for a PTO signing.

Other then that, Mitchell could get us a 5th or 6th maybe? Tyutin is a bit of a mystery. He's been ok for us and probably would fit well on a contender in a bottom pair/#7 role. Given the high price for Dmen of all types he could be our surprise sell. I think he gets us a 4th or a 5th, but wouldn't be surprised to see a team cough up a 3rd or even 3rd + another late pick. We saw what Polak and Liles got last year and as of right now there's only 2 selling teams in the NHL this year so slim pickings for a lot of teams.

We wont get high picks or prospect for sure. But a few mid round picks are never a bad thing to add for a team in the position the Avs are currently.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The fact that the AVS and Yotes are the only teams not going for a playoff spot at this point drives the prices up considerably. Many buyers, very few sellers.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The fact that the AVS and Yotes are the only teams not going for a playoff spot at this point drives the prices up considerably. Many buyers, very few sellers.

There is a hard cap on what people are willing to spend to acquire 4th liners. Maybe the scarcity of sellers will allow you to hit that value ceiling but nobody has a 2nd burning a hole in their pocket they must spend on a Mitchell or Borque.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Season has been lost for months, trade any of these players for picks when possible. Bring up some of the young players for experience.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Halfway through the season in a league full of parody. I'm not sure what you expected. Things will change in a month when the dust settles.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'd be interested in Tyutin for cheap on the Habs, could use extra depth so we don't have to see Barberio/Johnston play anymore.

Mad Brills*

bourque is the classic pending UFA traded for a late 4th on deadline day.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Rene Bourque has probably been the best of the veterans. He's been working hard this year. He could probably fetch a 3rd or 4th round pick.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Tyutin plays the left side, correct? Shame, he would be a nice option in Toronto if he can play the right side.

How about a 5th rounder and Frankie Corrado for Tyutin?

COL gets a bullet to fire at the draft, and a young guy who begging to see the ice. TOR gets a bit more steady on D, might even push Polak out of the lineup (or replace him if we find a buyer for the guy again).

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I think Avs retain max amount on Beauchemin. Iginla, not so sure.

With max amount retained I could see the Avs getting a 2nd from a contender in return for Beauchemin considering how weak this draft is.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think Avs retain max amount on Beauchemin. Iginla, not so sure.

With max amount retained I could see the Avs getting a 2nd from a contender in return for Beauchemin considering how weak this draft is.

Who care about retaining on Iginla? He's only got half a year left. If it can get us a round higher draft pick, definitely retain.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
:hawks

C John Mitchell

:avs

4th round pick in 2018

------------

:kings

RW Jarome Iginla (50% retained)

3rd round pick in 2017

------------

:habs

LW Rene Bourque

3rd round pick in 2018

------------

:pens

D Fedor Tyutin

4th round pick in 2017

Praise be to jebus if any of these actually go through

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I see Montreal picking up Iglina, what with all their injuries and Bergevin's obsession with good leadership candidates. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to it either. Would take a little pressure of Pacioretty.

Absolutely no on Bourque. He had one good playoff run with us, but was otherwise worthless. We dumped him for a reason.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I see Montreal picking up Iglina, what with all their injuries and Bergevin's obsession with good leadership candidates. Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to it either. Would take a little pressure of Pacioretty.

Absolutely no on Bourque. He had one good playoff run with us, but was otherwise worthless. We dumped him for a reason.

Bourque is twice the player Iginla is right now.

Wentworth9W

Dec 13, 2016
I think it would be a great pickup for Boston to grab Iginla, as someone else referenced. Something like a 4th or 5th rounder that could be a 3rd rounder if Iginla hits certain performance targets. We will send back J.M Liles who will be a UFA next season (this helps Boston free up cap for Iginla, and if CO retains some as well allows Boston to go hard at the Trade Deadline in addition to adding Iginla) and does not really have a spot in Boston at this point. Would be willing to add another later pick if Colorado also retains some of Iginla's contract.

Ignila might not be having a career year but I could definitely see him getting going again if he thinks the post season is a possibility. No way he just hit a point in life over the past year where he went from a 50 point player to a 20 point player. He would fit perfect on the third line: Schaller/Spooner/Iginla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad