Friedman: Teams Calling On Avs Rentals

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
As an Avs fan, I'd say you want Rene Bourque for the price of a 3rd line winger (on a good team, maybe around a 3-4th round pick), Comeau who wasn't mentioned brings some good hustle and physical play to a 4th line so worth a late pick, Mitchell is done so you wanna stay away from him, Tyutin is a #6 or 7 dman so don't waste a pick on him, and Iggy is a wildcard. He obviously won't be great but he won't look as bad as he does on the Avs. If you're acquiring him exclusively for goal depth and are badly lacking in veterans + wingers then might be a gamble but only with salary retained and not as your main trade deadline acquisition.

I have low expectations on any return for them so I'm being honest and not trying to be a homer in any way. I'd say Bourque is better (at least this season) then people are giving him credit for, maybe Comeau as well, and the rest are all pretty much worse than how you remember them (including Beuchemin).

Edit: Weircoch isn't bad for a #4-5 dman and as playoff depth in case of injuries, might find some success like Nick Holden has with the Rangers and Holden looked a lot worse last season than Weircoch does now. I'm not sure if he's on the trade block though cos of the whole expansion requirements.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
if colorado gets a second for any one of these guys we will throw a parade. 4th rounder and i'm happy.

with that being said if a team gets john mitchell for their 4th line. they will be happy with him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
if colorado gets a second for any one of these guys we will throw a parade. 4th rounder and i'm happy.

with that being said if a team gets john mitchell for their 4th line. they will be happy with him.

Solid.

The Canucks need a few bottom line forwards to force out the "replacement" players that have taken up residence.

I can't say I've noticed too much of Mitchell lately, is he playing physical, smart positionally, good at faceoffs, or just an all around kind of guy?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
From Friedman's 30 thoughts

Obviously a little less exciting that names like Landeskog and Duchene and as an Avs fan I'm a little surprised to hear teams care about some of these guys. It appears they are taking calls though so what do you guys expect to see offered for Tyutin, Mitchell, Bourque and Iginla?
It still doesn't make sense for Landeskog and Duchene to even be brought up in trade rumours

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Iginla to the leafs for a 3rd to mentor the kids?

Not really any room for him. You'd have to remove one of the kids you want him to mentor just to fit him in the lineup. Only line you could squeeze him on would be with Matt Martin and that serves zero purpose.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I offer EDM's 5th round pick for Blake Comeau at 50% retained

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
id like boston to be in on iginla... but one of those conditional trades that really only hurt if iginla rebounds with a great finish to the season

id want to get rid of jimmy hayes

id throw in a pick

if iginla reached certain production numbers... id probably be willing to make the pick a second rounder

if Colorado likes jimmy hayes better than I do... they might like this deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad