team usa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobermann

Jan 2, 2006
Are you surprised at Canada's inability to score, then?

Or is this just a thinly veiled "Canadians lets rejoice because the U.S. sucks" thread?

djavan

May 7, 2003
Visit site
Dobermann said:
Are you surprised at Canada's inability to score, then?

Or is this just a thinly veiled "Canadians lets rejoice because the U.S. sucks" thread?

chill with the assumptions...

i like GOOD hockey period!!!

i wrote a thread before the olympics saying that team usa was in trouble...

as far as team canada, i am somewhat surprised but they sorely miss scott niedermayer on this ice surface...

team usa has no real injuries to point to...

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
djavan said:
chill with the assumptions...

i like GOOD hockey period!!!

i wrote a thread before the olympics saying that team usa was in trouble...

as far as team canada, i am somewhat surprised but they sorely miss scott niedermayer on this ice surface...

team usa has no real injuries to point to...

Tim Connolly :sarcasm:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Broad st phantom said:
im not suprised by there performance, i expected it to be like this. maybee it'll be better in 4 more years

by then the youngsters should have matured enough by then to at least garner a shot ... mara, liles & those dmen aren't doing their job ... they're truly offensive dmen ... and I mean offensive

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
its a down year for USA, everyone knew it. All the vets that were once the core are now older, and USA won't be good again until prospects come along.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
USA is completely underrated and has a verry good position to grab a medal.
They might verry well turn out to be an verry unpleasant surprise to their QF opponent.
Also the Level of Play in group B is way higher. Sweden, Russia and Slovakia would rip appart any of the Group A teams at this stage.

If Canada faces Slovakia in the QF, they are likely to be slaughtered. I expect this team to fall appart when they are 3 goals down in the QF. Sweden is also about to be unleashed. Russsia is remembering its great past as it seems.

I can see the USA to grab a bronze and be really happy and dance a lot and stuff ^^ while Canada got eliminated in the QF.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've been pleased with what I've seen from the USA....heart...defense and goaltending....all three things that were supposedly going to be weak areas. They dominated long stretches of play against the Slovakia and Sweden, but lacked finish..the same thing plaguing the Canadians, actually. I'm not crazy that Laviolette is leaving some of the lines together despite the inability to get the puck into the net, but you can't say they're not generating chances and haven't put up a hell of a fight against both Sweden and Slovakia...two good teams. It's impossible to say what's going to happen from here on out...but if the USA finds that misfiring cylinder tomorrow...this could be a very different tournament for them.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Force said:
USA is completely underrated and has a verry good position to grab a medal.
They might verry well turn out to be an verry unpleasant surprise to their QF opponent.
Also the Level of Play in group B is way higher. Sweden, Russia and Slovakia would rip appart any of the Group A teams at this stage.

If Canada faces Slovakia in the QF, they are likely to be slaughtered. I expect this team to fall appart when they are 3 goals down in the QF. Sweden is also about to be unleashed. Russsia is remembering its great past as it seems.

I can see the USA to grab a bronze and be really happy and dance a lot and stuff ^^ while Canada got eliminated in the QF.

Wow :biglaugh:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
nomorekids said:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I've been pleased with what I've seen from the USA....heart...defense and goaltending....all three things that were supposedly going to be weak areas. They dominated long stretches of play against the Slovakia and Sweden, but lacked finish..the same thing plaguing the Canadians, actually. I'm not crazy that Laviolette is leaving some of the lines together despite the inability to get the puck into the net, but you can't say they're not generating chances and haven't put up a hell of a fight against both Sweden and Slovakia...two good teams. It's impossible to say what's going to happen from here on out...but if the USA finds that misfiring cylinder tomorrow...this could be a very different tournament for them.

Yup

shawn_kemp*

from the games I've seen (I've seen every single game played so far), the US plays better than Canada.

yes, the Americans can't score, but the effort is always there, the chances too. I believe they hit the post twice against Sweden. they're just not lucky.

I see them upset Finland

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
They better be working on the powerplay. Maybe some more time together and another game under their belts against Russia and they will be ready to surprise us all against the Fins.

shawn_kemp*

Islanders4Cups said:
They better be working on the powerplay. Maybe some more time together and another game under their belts against Russia and they will be ready to surprise us all against the Fins.

seriously, would that be a surprise? I don't think so.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
The thing about luck is, it seems to charge up. You hit the post 5 games in a row and then there is a game where you can't seem to miss. If the US are saving up their shooting luck for the KO round, thats not the worst plan ;)

Olaf Fub

Aug 23, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Islanders4Cups said:

I agree, the PP has been the killer. It was 2, 5 on 3 vs. Sweden and we couldn't score.

But the competition has been really good also. I don't think we have one of the better teams in the tourney but here's hoping we still medal.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Islanders4Cups said:
It would take a Miracle.

reidy

@reidjjackson
I think Team USA grabs the Bronze medal in this Olympics. They've been a pleasant surprise, considering no one expected them to do anything, since the Old Guard is too old and the Young Guns are too young.

USA should win gold in 2014.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
Team USA could not even make it to the elimination rounds

if USA loses to Russia tomorrow and Latvia beats Kazahkstan by more goals than USA scores on Russia tomorrow, I think USA is done.

Canada is in huge trouble also. The will face probably Slovakia, Russia or Sweden on Wednesday. While they still match up well against either 3 on paper...on ice they have been f**king the dog.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:

if USA loses to Russia tomorrow and Latvia beats Kazahkstan by more goals than USA scores on Russia tomorrow, I think USA is done.

Canada is in huge trouble also. The will face probably Slovakia, Russia or Sweden on Wednesday. While they still match up well against either 3 on paper...on ice they have been f**king the dog.

No, the goal differential between Latvia and USA is pretty huge. The USA *could* miss, but it would take two pretty sizeable blowouts on both sides.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:

Have you seen the goal differential between the U.S. and Lativia?15 goals

The U.S. is playing Finland on Wednesday

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
US will upset finland IMO. The canadians did not match up well against the fins, but the US actually does. They are an averaged sized team with well above average skating ability. The canadians could not keep up with the fins, and i think the Americans will.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The US has certainly played well enough to win all their games so far. I have been pleasantly surprised by their performance, they just need their F's to start finishing up front.

The US has a great shot at beating Finland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad