team usa...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wholeshow*

Force said:
USA is completely underrated and has a verry good position to grab a medal.
They might verry well turn out to be an verry unpleasant surprise to their QF opponent.
Also the Level of Play in group B is way higher. Sweden, Russia and Slovakia would rip appart any of the Group A teams at this stage.

If Canada faces Slovakia in the QF, they are likely to be slaughtered. I expect this team to fall appart when they are 3 goals down in the QF. Sweden is also about to be unleashed. Russsia is remembering its great past as it seems.

I can see the USA to grab a bronze and be really happy and dance a lot and stuff ^^ while Canada got eliminated in the QF.

the latvians are the 2nd worst team in the tournament and the americans couldnt even beat them. canada lost to the swiss, because they ran into a hot goaltender...the americans tied latvia because they're terrible.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
U.S hasnt been outplayed by anyone in this tournament, i even thought they were the better team in every game they played. If they get some scoring and Di pietro continues to play well they could beat anybody. Slovakia wit 4-0 looked like the inferior opponent against the U.S and so was sweden. Its anybody's tournament right now and i dont see any favorites yet.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:
Team USA could not even make it to the elimination rounds

if USA loses to Russia tomorrow and Latvia beats Kazahkstan by more goals than USA scores on Russia tomorrow, I think USA is done.

Canada is in huge trouble also. The will face probably Slovakia, Russia or Sweden on Wednesday. While they still match up well against either 3 on paper...on ice they have been f**king the dog.
Not quite right.

If Russia beats the US and the Latvia wins, if comes down to goal differential. Currently, the US is +1 in goal differential while Latvia is -15.

So theotetically it's possible, but it would take two huge scores.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
I have been very pleased with the US's performance in these Olympics. Going into the weekend I had a feeling they were going to get smoked by slovakia and sweden but they really held their own and had a shot at winning both. I can see them beating finland but I can also see the game being very tight with finland coming out on top. I don't think anyone can say one team will win over another at this point, many of these games have been squeakers (only sweden-russia stands out as a blowout). So far there's very little difference between the 1 seeds and the 4 seeds which should shape up to make an exciting knockout round.

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
wholefnshow said:
the latvians are the 2nd worst team in the tournament and the americans couldnt even beat them. canada lost to the swiss, because they ran into a hot goaltender...the americans tied latvia because they're terrible.
Yeah Irbe was terrible in that game, he wasn't hot at all. :shakehead
If it makes you feel better about Canada, you can talk **** about the US. Simple fact is neither has played amazingly and right now everyone will tell you Canada is the bigger disappointment. Somehow six periods without scoring a goal hasn't taught you humility, maybe getting knocked from the quarters (which is very possible) will.

jd84

Jan 28, 2006
The US hasnt been shutout or defeated by scores such as 5-1. It has been really close. I am waiting for the US to get their chemistry together and maybe we can have a good quaterfinals.

LET'S GO USA.

sansan

Jul 30, 2005
wholefnshow said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Actually this tournament has sucks for the top teams. Almost everyone has a chance of getting kicked-out in the Q. I think we may see the best game in the Q between Can and Rus. I also think there will be a lot of *****ing about refs after one of the teams gets bounced in the Q.

Anyone want to say anything about the cheburashka pic ?

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Ilya has been my favorite player in NHL but lately I think he has turned into one trick pony. I think he lost some of his one-on-one moves. I would like to see him drive to the net more from center ice. I also think that bob h. from Atlanta has done a bad job with Ilya and his toolkit of things he can do well has gone down . I am starting to like AO more!

The pic is of cheburashka killing teletubbie, I found it very funny.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
Bob Hartley was the one who put Ilya on the point on the PP. IMO one of the more inspired uses of Ilya's wicked slapper, and his goal totals speak to that. Now Hartley is attempting to take advantage of Ilya's size by moving him inside on the PP. A lesser coach would have not messed with a good thing, Hartley is putting Ilya in a position to test himself and use all of his skill.

IMO Hartley has been a very positive influence on Ilya's growth as a player. And not allowing him to go 1 on 3 into the defense as he loved to do early in his career is part of that.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Yes, I know the big shot has been good for Ilya’s game but he should be developing other skills too. I watched almost every game of this year and I see that teams just put on guy on the point where he is slapping it from. I think he should learn how to palyoff that, and sometime fake a shot and go to the net with the puck. I haven’t seen him do that. He should make a move a beat one guy that is covering him on the point. I also think Bob Hartley has really pushed him over the edge at times. With the amount of min he is playing (22 min per game) is crazy! I rather him play 18 and 100% and 100% speed. Bob should also try him out as a LW or RW on the PP unit and mix it up.

He is not using all his skill on the point. I am sorry that you think that he is using all his skill at the point but it’s not true. He should be on the boards controlling the play and looking for a shot in the slot of pass off.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
I was expecting a lot more from him this year and it hasn’t happen that’s why I feel so sad. I though that he would be leading in points and goals but looks like it wont happen for him this year.

I also would like him to be used on the brake out more often but with the slower D that Atlanta has it won’t happen soon.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Broad st phantom said:
im not suprised by there performance, i expected it to be like this. maybee it'll be better in 4 more years

2010 will be the transition year...2014 will be the year that team USA can really go for the gold...assuming that Kessel, Parise, Johnson and Johnson, Ryan, Brown, etc. all reach their potential.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
canada has been a much bigger failure.

us was expected to be mediocre. canada was expected to be dominant.

at least the us works hard.

cheburashka: :handclap:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
ILuvLA said:
You are obviously from Canada. Hate to break it to you, but the Canadians have stunk just as badly as the US team so far.

As a Canadian ya think I haven't noticed?
Um, I'm also hoping for USA to pick it up and think you may have misread my post.

+73*

i pretty much thought i had the Team USA problem figured out when i saw a cement statue with the #6 on it, only to realize it was Bret Hedican.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->