WC: TEAM USA 2022 Helsinki - Tampere

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
Suprising, but they have registered Swayman & Merrill, but not Tynan, Hartman and Boldy yet...

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Tynan and Poturalski deserve a fair shot in the NHL. I think T. J can help PP which has been bad so far. If you want a medal, your PP needs to work.

I passionately hate those jerseys.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewHampshire

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Only four penalties in the first period. They can't get going even against GB. We need some serious development for our coaches because they mostly suck big time.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I liked Gaudette and Meyers but they are not great finishers. Hartsy and Boldy are more than needed against Sweden and Czechs. I'd drop Kuhlman and Watson from the line-up when Hartsy, Boldy and Tynan arrives. Barber 13th forward. Hayden has been the best grinder.

Merrill was injured in his second shift. Great...

Last edited:

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
This isn't a great team but in this tournament against this competition we should be better.

I agree that the level of the tournament isn't too high but prior the additions defensemen Jones and Schmidt had more points than any of the forwards in this NHL season. The most merited forward was Galchenuyk. With such roster can only do so much.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I agree that the level of the tournament isn't too high but prior the additions defensemen Jones and Schmidt had more points than any of the forwards in this NHL season. The most merited forward was Galchenuyk. With such roster can only do so much.

That's fair. Very limited up front and it shows.

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
How has Andrew peeke looked so far?
Real good. I've seen all the USA games and he stands out in a positive way. I get him mixed up with Seth Jones...same size and similar in many ways. Peeke is a very good skater for his size and showing some excellent passing ability. Seems to be a strong, physical defender.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Hartman and Boldy are still out of the line-up which is pretty interesting. Merrill is out too after he got injured against GB and T.J Tynan is making his debut.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Good step to the right direction. Least they looked like a Team today. Tynan was a good addition and especially in PP. Swayman was a rock solid and Gaudette has been our best forward so far.

I don't know what Luke Hughes thought when his stick broke. Three points would have been nice and Bellows should have buried that game just moments before Swedes 2-2 goal but I guess we have to be happy with that win.

It is shocking to see that Karson Kuhlman is starting 3vs3 overtime and then skilled guy like Gally is not getting even a shift.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Goaltending is solid with Swayman and I think the team defense is actually pretty good. Jones, Schmidt, and Peeke are quality for this tournament. Up front is the big challenge. Just not a lot of creativity. Tynan is actually a big add because he's a credible playmaker (again, at this level). I really hope Boldy and Hartman end up playing. I guess they have travel issues?

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad