WC: TEAM USA 2022 Helsinki - Tampere

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Cal Petersen had a pretty tough season sadly but I would take him if Oettinger or Swayman are not available.

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
This is what happen when play players like wateon or hayden . When declines kane zegras or hughes

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Impossible to create anything dangerous with these grinders. Obviously it was game over after that major but the biggest problem is our forward group. Two days off so good thing is that Hartsy and Boldy is probably in the line-up. Hughes played his best game so far.

Reactions: FinPanda

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
5-on-5 the game was even but you can't take that many penalties against a team who's well prepared and thrives on the PP and expect to win.

Watson is an idiot. Stupid hit and then acting like a neanderthal after he gets kicked out.

That hit on Megna should have been five and a game, too, but the US wasn't going to be on the favored side of the officiating today.

I can't figure out our system we're trying to play, if we even have one. One things for sure is we can't complete passes. Why did Quinn earned this coaching job?

Mann needs to be better. That 4th goal was incredibly weak, and it was the 2nd goal he didn't even react to in the game. The Granlund goal would have been a tough save but the 4th goal should be a routine save, one of the easiest of the game.

I didn't see the 1st game but Hughes has been our best player in the last 2.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
5-on-5 the game was even but you can't take that many penalties against a team who's well prepared and thrives on the PP and expect to win.

Watson is an idiot. Stupid hit and then acting like a neanderthal after he gets kicked out.

That hit on Megna should have been five and a game, too, but the US wasn't going to be on the favored side of the officiating today.

I can't figure out our system we're trying to play, if we even have one. One things for sure is we can't complete passes. Why did Quinn earned this coaching job?

Mann needs to be better. That 4th goal was incredibly weak, and it was the 2nd goal he didn't even react to in the game. The Granlund goal would have been a tough save but the 4th goal should be a routine save, one of the easiest of the game.

I didn't see the 1st game but Hughes has been our best player in the last 2.
Agree on this. Hughes was absolutely terrible in the first game, terrific in the last two. No idea what Mann was doing on 1st goal and 4th goal. Watson would be fine on the third line but having to play him on the first line (and Hayden on the second) is just brutal. I have sympathy for this coaching staff, with the lack of playmakers up front, but they seem very disorganized. Hope they can pull a goalie over, because with the Wild guys plugged in they'd be competitive.

Reactions: William H Bonney

sakux

Feb 5, 2013
The fact that Watson made the team shows that Quinn is one big disaster of a coach. Just because he's a veteran in the NHL doesn't mean he's a good player.

His "skills" aren't needed on the international scene.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The fact that Watson made the team shows that Quinn is one big disaster of a coach. Just because he's a veteran in the NHL doesn't mean he's a good player.

His "skills" aren't needed on the international scene.

I'm not a fan of Quinn but he's not choosing the team, although he certainly has input.

Playing him in the role he's in is 100% on Quinn

Last edited:

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I hear a lot of stories that players have entertained themselves long into the night before the Finland match. I am not surprised, but still disappointed. A team without a system having a holiday at the end of the season. That is what it has looked like in the last two games.

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
I hear a lot of stories that players have entertained themselves long into the night before the Finland match. I am not surprised, but still disappointed. A team without a system having a holiday at the end of the season. That is what it has looked like in the last two games.
not really doubting that happend, but is there any source or just hear say?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad